News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 20, 2012, 06:27:59 AM
It seems my grandad is all cancery and is going to die.
Which sucks.
That's awful. :( :console: :hug:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2012, 09:38:45 PM
At 9:30 pm they tell me I've got to come in at 8 a.m. tomorrow so that we can re-review 70,000 documents.  LOVELY.

On the plus side, that's easier and less eye-gouging than what I did all day today, which was redact the same fucking 1000 page spreadsheet four times.
Are you one of these people who's going to hate your job, no matter what it happens to be? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2012, 07:02:24 AM
Are you one of these people who's going to hate your job, no matter what it happens to be? :)

If a job was fun, why would they have to pay somebody to do it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Which sucks.

:(

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2012, 07:08:51 AM

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 20, 2012, 07:12:29 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2012, 07:08:51 AM

:huh:

Yeah, Pete's one of thes "well, if teachers and nurses do it for the love of the job, they really don't need to be paid so much" crowd.

Josephus

I was bored yesterday and you guys weren't really entertaining so I thought I'd see what was on Pdox...and I couldn't remember my password. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

Which sucks.

:(  I'm sorry.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on April 19, 2012, 09:38:45 PM
At 9:30 pm they tell me I've got to come in at 8 a.m. tomorrow so that we can re-review 70,000 documents.  LOVELY.

On the plus side, that's easier and less eye-gouging than what I did all day today, which was redact the same fucking 1000 page spreadsheet four times.

In my experience, those people should be terminated from their jobs. Nothing is more morale shattering than working near Captain Buzzkill.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 20, 2012, 07:13:27 AM
Yeah, Pete's one of thes "well, if teachers and nurses do it for the love of the job, they really don't need to be paid so much" crowd.

Nurses do it for the love of the job?  :lol:

Do doctors and engineers "deserve" to make double what teachers do? Perhaps not. But then neither do teachers "deserve" to make three or four times what grocery store checkout clerks do. Artificially inflating the cost of one sector of the labor market doesn't create fairness, what it does is create a glut where qualified and willing candidates can't get jobs.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 07:31:33 AM
In my experience, those people should be terminated from their jobs. Nothing is more morale shattering than working near Captain Buzzkill.

There's a significant difference between merely hating going to work and not being able to shut up about it.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 20, 2012, 04:40:45 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2012, 04:33:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 20, 2012, 04:30:08 AM
After so many years over here at Languish,

Languish is turning 10 next year, no?

Later this year iirc, was just april of '03 that had the big migration.
The big migration was when Languish as we know it came into existence.  Before that, it was so much less.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2012, 07:39:45 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 07:31:33 AM

There's a significant difference between merely hating going to work and not being able to shut up about it.

As a manager, I could tell when your vibes were setting off negative waves.

PDH

I only had good thoughts about that quarterly report, Oddball.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 20, 2012, 07:46:24 AM
I only had good thoughts about that quarterly report, Oddball.

Positive waves Moriarty. Woof woof!