News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 11:52:42 AM
My theory is that doctor arrogance is a function of how many retard patients they're forced to see daily.
I think it's because they've power over life and death.  Fucks a person up.
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

The only doctor I know on a personal basis is the nicest guy in the world.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 11:52:42 AM
My theory is that doctor arrogance is a function of how many retard patients they're forced to see daily.

Your theory is flawed.

Thing is, it's the younger ones that are the worst, and they're the ones with the most limited exposure to patients.  The older ones, with their greater interaction with patients, are actually better.  On average.

Admiral Yi

Travellers polled on unfriendliest country by Skyscanner.com.

19%: France

10%: UK

4%: China

3%: US

In other news Wendy's has passed BK to move into #2 US burger chain.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 01:24:36 PM

That's directly due to French Fries technology.  Wendy's has gotten better, and BK's went in the shitter when they changed.

CountDeMoney

You know, women will always remain second-class citizens until they take it upon themselves collectively on learning basic automotive care fundamentals;  until that day, they will continue being rape victims by dealerships and mechanics.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 20, 2012, 01:56:25 PM

That's directly due to French Fries technology.  Wendy's has gotten better, and BK's went in the shitter when they changed.

BK must not allow a French Fries gap.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

I had Burger King recently. 5 bucks for a double whopper for just the sandwich. Oy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I  read an article saying that while for the last decade Wendy's has focused on diversifying their menu with more healthy options, BK instead "doubled-down" on being a burger franchise and catering to their core demographic.  Results of course is that Wendy's revenues have grown, while BKs have shrunk.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I enjoy BK's newest fries. If you can get them hot from the kids and felons running the joint.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2012, 02:02:38 PM
I had Burger King recently. 5 bucks for a double whopper for just the sandwich. Oy.

I think the Double Whopper meal (large) is ca. €6.49 over here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2012, 02:09:36 PM

I  read an article saying that while for the last decade Wendy's has focused on diversifying their menu with more healthy options, BK instead "doubled-down" on being a burger franchise and catering to their core demographic.  Results of course is that Wendy's revenues have grown, while BKs have shrunk.
Yeah, doubling down on burgers didn't really make sense.  I prefer getting two double stackers over a quad stacker.