News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

No it wasn't. It was languish douchebaggery. THIS SHALL NOT PASS UNANSWERED.

I need a new languish enemy anyways.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

New avatar, just for Larchie.  :)

The Larch

HVC

Why can't we all just get along!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 22, 2012, 03:34:42 PM

Shall I turn my gaze to you, Captain eggplant?

The Larch

We used to be the best of friends, when did we grow apart?  :cry:

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 22, 2012, 03:35:11 PM

i've been demoted back to eggplant? :weep: All i ever do is show you love!

also, i'm very bored and i hate memo's. I'm in a accounting course, why must i do memo's and "powerpoint" presentations. Why god dammit!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 22, 2012, 03:37:28 PM

i've been demoted back to eggplant? :weep: All i ever do is show you love!

also, i'm very bored and i hate memo's. I'm in a accounting course, why must i do memo's and "powerpoint" presentations. Why god dammit!

Welcome to business. Suck it up, rub some dirt on it and get back out there kid.

CountDeMoney

QuoteTake a look at Britain. Britain has followed a brave austerity plan, cutting government spending across the board and raising taxes. The result, British growth has stalled; the economy will grow barely 0.8% this year.

Not that stat you want to hear when arguing for raising taxes with spending cuts.

Razgovory

Well I'm glad I someone read the article I posted.  I didn't think it warranted a new thread, but was interesting on its own.

My dad got a Garmin recently and we wanted to try it out, so we set a designation in a town about 30 miles away and drove there.  While in Fulton (the town in which Churchill made his famous Iron Curtain speech), I saw a howitzer.  I was happy to correctly Identify it as a 155mm.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M114_155_mm_howitzer

Okay, I have question.  What is the rhyme and reason behind military designations?  An M1 can refer to a rifle, a carbine, a sub-machine gun, a helmet, a bayonet, a tank, a much different tank, an artillery piece, a different artillery piece...  This seems awfully confusing.

I get the "A" designations.  Like M1A2.  It seems to mean a modified model, but the number after the "M".  Where do they get that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

"gaze upon you" would've been cooler verbage.

IMMA JUS SAYIN

Ideologue

ADDRESSED TO CALIGA:

Scored my sweet "work all weekend" bonus, plus an extra hour for which I should totally get even more bonus but I suppose I won't.  Since the workweek ends Saturday, my check'll be over $800 for this week and with the bonus could be well over $1000 next week if I really wanted to bust my ass--I'm already nine hours in, and I could either get forty sleepwalking by Thursday and call it a three day weekend, or actually pretend Sunday didn't happen, work normally into Saturday and get like fifty-four.  The point is, I get to pay some most excellent taxes and still walk away with what amounts to nearly honest-to-God-hooker-and-blow money.

Which reminds me, I get so sick of my roommate bitching and bitching about his taxes.  Hell, he bitches about my taxes.  Maybe if he didn't work for an agency that didn't get sued for claiming a false exemption to the FLSA and/or passed the bar the first time and actually was exempt and could therefore could work overtime like I do (my agency doesn't give a shit), it wouldn't bother him so much, BUT I SUSPECT IT WOULD.  Also, I could call laziness, since he's technically still employed by the restaurant and could pick up waiter shifts (I could pick up salad shifts too, but lolololololololol good one).

Maybe this ain't a big deal to you dudes, but I've never made much money and while it lasts, it's pretty cool. :blush:  I do have to quit eating out so much--I was spending like $80 a week on food, which is just fucking ridiculous, but I think I've gotten a little better about this the past couple weeks--but other than that, my tastes are so simple and my living expenses so minimal these days the only thing I can think of doing with it is paying off my credit cards.  Which I guess is responsible and shit but it's not very much fun.

I think Cat Stevens had some words on the subject. -_-

P.S.: my car isn't actually broken, it was that thing where the wheel locks and you have to jiggle it, so I took a midnight hike for my health I guess.  I thought "kicking and punching it" would be sufficient to unjam it but evidently not, and my roommate fixed it basically instantly.  I don't even get that shit.  Why do they do that?  Secret fuck you from Toyota to the American consumer?

My mouse is broken, however.  ONCE AGAIN UNTO THE WAL-MART.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

My knowledge of Cat Stevens' play list is pretty extensive but I can't bring to mind any lyrics about paying off credit card balances.  :hmm:

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2012, 07:26:52 AM
My knowledge of Cat Stevens' play list is pretty extensive but I can't bring to mind any lyrics about paying off credit card balances.  :hmm:

"Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody; I got some money 'cause I just got paid..."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on April 23, 2012, 08:49:59 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2012, 07:26:52 AM

"Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody; I got some money 'cause I just got paid..."

That's Sam Cooke, muttski.  HE DID IT FIRST