News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2012, 06:25:06 AM
So, yeah. A majority of people don't know the name of the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. More frightening? Eight percent named Thurgood Marshall, who not only was never the Chief Justice but also died in 1993. And let's not even talk about the four percent who think Harry Reid, a Senator not a member of the Supreme Court, is the Chief Justice.

You give people 4 choices and a question they don't know and some will guess the wrong answers instead of admitting they don't know. BFD.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Arse, I've got this flu/coughing thing that's doing the rounds, I'm not feeling too brilliant; it must be pretty potent to lay me low, well it's about to, so I think I'll go to bed, cancel tomorrow and see if I can knock myself into shape for Saturday evening.   :(

Though being a well brought up Brit, I shall refrain from seeing anyone for the couple of days after it clears up.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2012, 05:51:56 PM

Though being a well brought up Brit, I shall refrain from seeing anyone for the couple of days after it clears up.   :bowler:

Can you stay away from a pub that long?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

At 9:30 pm they tell me I've got to come in at 8 a.m. tomorrow so that we can re-review 70,000 documents.  LOVELY.

On the plus side, that's easier and less eye-gouging than what I did all day today, which was redact the same fucking 1000 page spreadsheet four times.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

I've been accepted into a Japanese summer program! I'll be heading to Fukuoka after this semester is over.

Holy Sacred Kyushu, Southernmost of the four home isles, virile and crime-sodden, rose up in a comparative vale of poverty! Kyushu, rustic Kyushu, guardians of the Restoration! Kyushu, with its Churches and Christians! Kyushu, with its fields of tea! Fukuoka, with its dirty industrial past!

I am ebullient.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

I assume you're taking a black ship.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

lol I got two infraction points over at Paradox, after flipping on the retards in a hungarian politics thread, and saying the F word twice.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2012, 03:25:39 AM
lol I got two infraction points over at Paradox, after flipping on the retards in a hungarian politics thread, and saying the F word twice.

If not for the compromising photos of Neil, i would have banned your ass here a long time ago.  :mad:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2012, 03:25:39 AM

After so many years over here at Languish, it takes a lot of self restraint to argue and debate at P'dox without flipping out and cussing like a sailor at the knuckleheads over there. I prefer to put them all in ignore and go on with my life, much better for my blood pressure.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on April 20, 2012, 04:30:08 AM
After so many years over here at Languish,

Languish is turning 10 next year, no?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2012, 04:33:09 AM

Later this year iirc, was just april of '03 that had the big migration.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

OMG you people are old.

Good thing I decided to be immortal.

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on April 20, 2012, 04:40:45 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2012, 04:33:09 AM

Later this year iirc, was just april of '03 that had the big migration.

:yes:

Yup, in the Spring of '03 when the crackdown at P'dox because of the Iraq war took place.

Josquius

It seems my grandad is all cancery and is going to die.
Which sucks.
██████
██████
██████