Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 20, 2012, 06:55:54 AM
Now that's a fucking National Tragedy. :weep:

Sad, nice looking young woman.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

skiing is...meh. learned how to do it without injury, only later falling when i accidentally went on the worst mid level slope.
once the novelty wore off it became rather dull. i dont get how people devote entire holidays to it, a few hours was enough for me.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

:mellow:

Apparently my parents have started going to an Anglican Church.  With that and me trying to get a law degree the transformation from Scouse Irish Catholics to very middle class English is complete :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2012, 02:59:20 AM

Apparently my parents have started going to an Anglican Church.

They got lonely in their chapel.

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

:lol:

Actually there's a Church a couple of miles away attached to the manor house.  In response to the CofE allowing female priests they converted to Antiochian Orthodoxy.  I think they're very lonely.
Let's bomb Russia!

Lettow77

Cat sonnet! Based on a true story.

My first foray to class finds a feline face
sullenly peeping from the parking lot
with her coat of fur it could be forgot
her forebears arose in an arid place
the cat's elegant and entitled race
presided over deserts and plains, not
under snow-covered pickup tricks, and ought
never be in the sad and sorry case

of the frightened, furtive and frozen cat
who softly meowed at me so pitifully
that I at once wished for a hearth and home
where we'd recline by the fire and grow fat
In martin she won't find such luxury
no matter where on campus she might roam
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

11B4V

There once was a man from Peru,
who fell asleep in a canoe.
While dreaming about Venus
and stroking his penis,
he wound up with a hand full of Gooo.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

I never learned to bunny hop and now I need to, but don't know how to go about it.  :(

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2012, 06:26:36 PM
I never learned to bunny hop and now I need to, but don't know how to go about it.  :(

Youtube
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on January 21, 2012, 06:23:14 PM
There once was a man from Peru,
who fell asleep in a canoe.

Are you sure it wasn't a torpedo boat?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on January 21, 2012, 06:29:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 21, 2012, 06:26:36 PM

Youtube

Not a bad idea.  :)

Josquius

I'm having interesting thoughts. Thinking of applying for an office job which I didn't think I was suitable for but it turns out I might actually be so- since the guy I believed was applying for it is inellegible and other super suitable folks who have been here a while want to keep teaching.
It feels so silly to apply though for the office leadership sort of job though when I've only been here so short a time...and it could hurt things at my school if they think I'm trying to get out....but apparently other new folk are applying too...Should I....try....or....
It would certainly look a lot better on my CV and be more of a real job but...is that....good....hmm....
██████
██████
██████

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2012, 02:59:20 AM

Apparently my parents have started going to an Anglican Church.  With that and me trying to get a law degree the transformation from Scouse Irish Catholics to very middle class English is complete :(

:thumbsup:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on January 22, 2012, 04:21:01 AM
I'm having interesting thoughts. Thinking of applying for an office job which I didn't think I was suitable for but it turns out I might actually be so- since the guy I believed was applying for it is inellegible and other super suitable folks who have been here a while want to keep teaching.
It feels so silly to apply though for the office leadership sort of job though when I've only been here so short a time...and it could hurt things at my school if they think I'm trying to get out....but apparently other new folk are applying too...Should I....try....or....
It would certainly look a lot better on my CV and be more of a real job but...is that....good....hmm....

Just go for it. Fortune favors the bold and all that. The longer you sit here and ponder it the more likely it is someone is going to take your future job.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Things you wouldn't be able to watch if SOPA was introduced:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ojg6_snatch-wars_fun

Comedy gold. :D