News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I considered posting a thread but I'm lazy.
The world in 2050 according to HSBC:

██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

$25 trillion is a pretty big economy for a pile of garbage fought over by warlords.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Is there a specific reason why Brits appear rather unenthusiastic about going into their offices this week?

Josquius

well, i'm out, off skiing for the first time evaaaaaaa
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2012, 04:23:15 AM
Keep your center of gravity centered above the skis as much as you can, never ever "sit back" except if you're skiing in fresh snow.

Have fun.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2012, 02:47:40 AM
I considered posting a thread but I'm lazy.
The world in 2050 according to HSBC:

The same HSBC that announced 30,000 job cuts worldwide on the same day they announced record-breaking half-year profits of $11.5 billion?  Yeah, I'll believe what they have to say.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2012, 04:23:15 AM

Be careful, the Canucks lost a national treasure and piece of ass this week to it.

QuoteSALT LAKE CITY -- Canadian freeskier Sarah Burke died Thursday, nine days after crashing at the bottom of the superpipe during a training run in Utah.

Burke, who lived near Whistler in British Columbia, was 29. She was injured Jan. 10 while training at a personal sponsor event at the Park City Mountain resort.

Tests revealed Burke suffered "irreversible damage to her brain due to lack of oxygen and blood after cardiac arrest," according to a statement released by Burke's publicist, Nicole Wool.

A six-time Winter X Games champion, Burke crashed on the same halfpipe where snowboarder Kevin Pearce suffered a traumatic brain injury during a training accident Dec. 31, 2009.

As a result of her fall, Burke's vertebral artery was torn, which led to severe bleeding on the brain, causing her to go into cardiac arrest. CPR was performed on the scene, according to the statement.

Burke's organs and tissues were donated, as she had requested before the accident, Wool said.

"The family expresses their heartfelt gratitude for the international outpouring of support they have received from all the people Sarah touched," the statement said.

Burke will be remembered for the legacy she left for women in superpipe skiing, a sister sport to the more popular snowboarding brand that has turned Shaun White, Hannah Teter and others into stars.

Aware of the big role the Olympics played in pushing the Whites of the world from the fringes into the mainstream, Burke lobbied to add superpipe skiing to the Winter Games program, noting that no new infrastructure would be needed.

Her arguments won over Olympic officials, and the discipline will debut at the Sochi Games in 2014, where she likely would have been the gold-medal favorite.

Grey Fox

Now that's a fucking National Tragedy. :weep:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

We need to put her on our money instead of that old british hag.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 03:47:32 AM
$25 trillion is a pretty big economy for a pile of garbage fought over by warlords.
That's alright.  Those aren't really credible projections.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 20, 2012, 08:07:56 AM
Move to the US, traitor.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on January 20, 2012, 09:05:52 AM
Move to the US, traitor.

Sarah Burke is Canadian. That old British hag isn't.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 20, 2012, 09:43:45 AM
Move to the US, traitor.
Sarah Burke is Canadian. That old British hag isn't.
Of course she isn't Canadian.  She's Canada.

Ideologue

A Ron Paul ad on Youtube playing at the beginning of the Hymn of the Soviet Union?  That's certainly well-targeted.

P.S. They make a big deal about how Paul has generated more donations from U.S. servicepeople than any other candidate.  Well, they're a little biased, aren't they?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Move to the US, traitor.

says the Albertan nationalist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?