News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

The onset of puberty wasn't kind to the children of Midwich.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

I owe Ed an apology, I was chatting with some young American women in London yesterday and apparently some US processed food really is as bad as he says. :blink:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 23, 2012, 04:12:35 PM
I owe Ed an apology, I was chatting with some young American women in London yesterday and apparently some US processed food really is as bad as he says. :blink:

Dude, that shit's up there with the Holocaust as one of the worst possible logical extensions of the Industrial Revolution.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 04:14:37 PM

Dude, that shit's up there with the Holocaust as one of the worst possible logical extensions of the Industrial Revolution.

One of them said she hasn't got used to having to shop several times a week, "because there's so much less preservatives and chemicals in the food over here".  :(

Ideologue

Like what?  Name a product. :angry:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 23, 2012, 04:30:57 PM
Like what?  Name a product. :angry:

That "cheese" gunk they use at Arby's. :x
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Oh, I haven't even scraped the bottom of the barrel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Hey, DG, the Supreme Court recently finished with US v. Jones in a 9-0 ruling.

:yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob