News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on June 22, 2011, 09:24:48 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 22, 2011, 08:37:59 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 22, 2011, 08:30:09 AM
What did she have to do for her oral exam? :hmm:

:shifty:

A girl needs to learn to do oral properly.
She's probably gonna get caned by her parents, or forced to get down on her knees in front of her grandparents and grovel for forgiveness.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Lolz

Someone painted the Soviet war memorial in Sofia
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2011, 03:31:34 AM
She's probably gonna get ... forced to get down on her knees

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Maybe not probably, but given her reaction I'd lay decent odds on it. There are plenty of parents and kids that don't care, but many of those who do care go way over the top, Tiger Mom style.

This is the mindset
"Korean children are not like American children. Korean children are animals that must be beaten to be controlled." - a Korean friend.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2011, 09:47:01 AM
Maybe not probably, but given her reaction I'd lay decent odds on it. There are plenty of parents and kids that don't care, but many of those who do care go way over the top, Tiger Mom style.

This is the mindset
"Korean children are not like American children. Korean children are animals that must be beaten to be controlled." - a Korean friend.
they should start doing that to american children too :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

And Porto-Canuckistani children.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Gah, picked up a bargain second hand, guitar hero world tour with the guitar for £9.
Just noticed though...theres no reciever <_<
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006842/Young-couple-Erica-Huerta-Steven-Douglas-arrested-having-sex-beach-50-holidaymakers.html

A guy and a girl have sex in public, get arrested. He gets $10,000 bail. She gets $2500. WTF

I demand equal bail for equal crime.  :mad:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

:lol:
My sister is truly an idiot.
A post by her friend on facebook:
Overheared phone conversation between Pete and Rachael "so anyway about the potato famine you do know what famine means don't you?" ...*long pause*... "No rach it's not like salmon!" LMFAO :D
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 23, 2011, 10:50:48 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006842/Young-couple-Erica-Huerta-Steven-Douglas-arrested-having-sex-beach-50-holidaymakers.html

A guy and a girl have sex in public, get arrested. He gets $10,000 bail. She gets $2500. WTF

I demand equal bail for equal crime.  :mad:

Maybe her bail is lower because she provided $7500 in services?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Are you saying we should be trying to deter women from having sex in outdoor public places? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011