News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 17, 2020, 08:15:01 AM
I thought he was a chimney sweep in the original.

He did both.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

He also played the bank director.

Camerus

My friend's husband bought her a personalized birthday greeting  video from Jake "the Snake" Roberts. 

The Larch

Quote from: Camerus on April 17, 2020, 08:22:35 AM
My friend's husband bought her a personalized birthday greeting  video from Jake "the Snake" Roberts.

:lmfao:

If that doesn't mean "I love you", I don't know what does.  :P

Syt

Quote from: Camerus on April 17, 2020, 08:22:35 AM

Isn't he one of the guys, like Scott Hall/Razor Ramon who got their life back on track with the help of Diamond Dallas Page's Yoga School?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 07:13:52 AM
Wow, John Cleese is in there, I guess that the joke about him never going to stop working because of all his ex wives was no joke after all.  :lol:

It's not a joke. He's still doing one man shows for outrageous ticket prices, unashamedly acknowledging he needs the money.

Maladict

It's a weird mix as some are donating all proceeds to charity and others are clearly so washed up they seemingly need it to survive.

Savonarola

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 08:21:33 AM

He also played the bank director.

Nuh-uh someone named Navckid Keyd played the bank director.

;)

Walt offered Dick the part of Bert; but made him try out for the elder Mr. Dawes. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 07:32:46 AM
There were also people that I assume are famous in their own right, but because they belong to fields where I know almost nothing about, like baseball and the like, I can't say if they're proper stars or not. Also, there are a couple of people from Tiger King.  :lol:

I would get Ickey Woods to do a message for Spicey...but I presume he already knows him personally :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2020, 09:41:33 AM
There were also people that I assume are famous in their own right, but because they belong to fields where I know almost nothing about, like baseball and the like, I can't say if they're proper stars or not. Also, there are a couple of people from Tiger King.  :lol:

I would get Ickey Woods to do a message for Spicey...but I presume he already knows him personally :P

Cough up 50$ and it'll be done!  ;)

mongers

Took a quick overlook of their "New and noteworthy" category, here are the "celebrities" I found and recognized, and their going rate:
- Malcolm McDowell, 100$.
- Jack Osbourne, 45$.
- Vinnie Jones, 200$.
-

I think he's the one I'd get a message from, if I had to choose one.

So Jack Osbourne is now all washed up? Doesn't seem worth it given his parents net worth.

Also Vinnie Jones, has his 'movie career' finally floundered or is he doing it for charity?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 09:44:05 AM

Definitely cheaper than getting Seedy his message from Ray Lewis!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2020, 09:57:02 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 09:44:05 AM

Definitely cheaper than getting Seedy his message from Ray Lewis!

Yeah, Ray Lewis charges 300$.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2020, 09:47:00 AM
Took a quick overlook of their "New and noteworthy" category, here are the "celebrities" I found and recognized, and their going rate:
- Malcolm McDowell, 100$.
- Jack Osbourne, 45$.
- Vinnie Jones, 200$.
-

I think he's the one I'd get a message from, if I had to choose one.

So Jack Osbourne is now all washed up? Doesn't seem worth it given his parents net worth.

Also Vinnie Jones, has his 'movie career' finally floundered or is he doing it for charity?

Jack Osbourne seems to have been doing a travel show for the History Channel until 2018. He's also apparently been diagnosed with some kind of multiple sclerosis.

Vinnie Jones, AFAIK, has a steady career being typecast as a tough guy for B movies. I guess this is just for extra pocket money.

Habbaku

Vinnie Jones is still getting work as recently as 2018 (2019 in TV work), though no clue if he's doing anything beyond that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien