News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

We could get Rick Dempsey for Seedy and tell him to come back for just $100 :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Camerus

Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2020, 08:48:28 AM
Quote from: Camerus on April 17, 2020, 08:22:35 AM
My friend's husband bought her a personalized birthday greeting  video from Jake "the Snake" Roberts.

Isn't he one of the guys, like Scott Hall/Razor Ramon who got their life back on track with the help of Diamond Dallas Page's Yoga School?

Yup. Since I know you are at least mildly interested in wrestling and in wrestling lore, I'd recommend the documentary the Resurrection of Jake the Snake Roberts. It's pretty good.   :)

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on April 17, 2020, 08:07:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2020, 08:03:19 AM
Dick van dyke is alive? :blink:

Most believable English accent ever :wub:

Yet born and raised in Danville, IL, on the Indiana border three hours south of Chicago.  ^_^
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on April 18, 2020, 09:20:11 AM

Yet born and raised in Danville, IL, on the Indiana border three hours south of Chicago.  ^_^

We are talking about his cockney accent that is generally mocked and that he has apologised for? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2020, 10:34:14 AM

We are talking about his cockney accent that is generally mocked and that he has apologised for? :D

That was supposed to be the joke, yes. -_-
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Camerus on April 17, 2020, 12:51:32 PM
Yup. Since I know you are at least mildly interested in wrestling and in wrestling lore, I'd recommend the documentary the Resurrection of Jake the Snake Roberts. It's pretty good.   :)

Seen it, and agreed. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I'd buy it.  :bowler:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

He has a fairly hick American accent normally, which I was mocking. Basically, his accents - all of them - deserve mocking. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Dick van Dyke was a star far more than he was an actor.  Still, his physical humor skills were right up there with the best.

he was kind of the American John Cleese.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Richard Hakluyt

I greatly enjoyed his silly accent in Mary Poppins; and we should remember that it fitted perfectly with the rest of the movie which wasn't realistic either. For many years I assumed that his choice of that accent was deliberate; ie a cartoon cockney to fit in with the cartoonish feel of a lot of the rest of the film.

Josquius

When I was a kid I thought that's what London was actually like.
Sans cartoon penguins et al.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!