News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 05:06:11 AM
I remember when I first found it out finding some actor with quite some name recognition and a bit of a celeb back in the day (can't remember who exactly, but his name popped out quite a bit), with quite the prize tag to match, and browsing through the public messages it seemed that he just recorded a bunch of them in a row with his phone from his sofa after waking up, he sounded so sleepy and disinterested, but doing the math he made something like a thousand dollars from that batch of videos.

I guess it all depends on their motivation as well, if it's something they've signed up eagerly or something they've just been convinced to do. Or how long they've been in the site as well.

Might take a look later to see who's in there nowadays.  :ph34r:

I thought Scott Grimes makes a good effort (Gordon on Orville, Steve on American Dad, Malarkey on Band of Brothers), and John DeLancie also was all right. Some surprises, too. James Vanderbeek's (of all people) messages seem surprisingly personable. And Brian Bosworth is also surprisingly talkative. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Had to look up who James Vanderbeek is. Divorced, five kids, started doing reality TV because even guest appearances in TV shows are drying up. Yeah, he will put in some effort   :lol:

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on April 17, 2020, 05:52:41 AM
Had to look up who James Vanderbeek is. Divorced, five kids, started doing reality TV because even guest appearances in TV shows are drying up. Yeah, he will put in some effort   :lol:

He was the star of Dawsons Creek which was quite big at the time. Nowadays he's mostly known for this meme template:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Wiki says he is married and he had a main cast role as recently as 2018.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 17, 2020, 06:00:33 AM

Wiki says he is married and he had a main cast role as recently as 2018.

Looking at the IMDB page for "Pose" it seems pretty popular, set in 1980s New York.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Fair enough, I did overlook that one.

The Larch

Wow, John Cleese is in there, I guess that the joke about him never going to stop working because of all his ex wives was no joke after all.  :lol:

Edit: Hey Brain, you can get Dolph Lundgren to serenade you for 200$, if you want.  ;)

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on April 17, 2020, 07:13:52 AM
Wow, John Cleese is in there, I guess that the joke about him never going to stop working because of all his ex wives was no joke after all.  :lol:

Edit: Hey Brain, you can get Dolph Lundgren to serenade you for 200$, if you want.  ;)

:w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Took a quick overlook of their "New and noteworthy" category, here are the "celebrities" I found and recognized, and their going rate:

- Paula Deen, 100$.
- Felicia Day, 80$.
- Lisa Leslie, 100$.
- Dolph Lundgren, 200$.
- Mandy Moore, 300$.
- John Cleese, 300$.
- Bob Saget, 249$.
- Busy Philips, 125$.
- Terry O'Quinn, 200$.
- Malcolm McDowell, 100$.
- Sean Paul, 100$.
- Chris O'Dowd, 129$.
- Pau Gasol, 200$.
- Akon, 444$.
- Michael Madsen, 300$.
- Jack Osbourne, 45$.
- Zelina Vega, 55$.
- Jeremy Piven, 400$.
- James Cosmo, 50$.
- Vinnie Jones, 200$.
- Triumph the Insult Dog ( :lol: ), 245$.
- Jozy Altidore, 100$.
- LeVar Burton, 250$.
- Roberto Carlos, 125$.
- Mike Tyson, 500$.
- Dean Norris, 200$.
- Dick van Dyke, 500$.
- Dr. Oz, 500$.

There were also people that I assume are famous in their own right, but because they belong to fields where I know almost nothing about, like baseball and the like, I can't say if they're proper stars or not. Also, there are a couple of people from Tiger King.  :lol:

Josquius

Dick van dyke is alive? :blink:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2020, 08:03:19 AM

He had a cameo in Mary Poppins Returns
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Most believable English accent ever :wub:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Yup, he's 94. He was even in the latest Mary Poppins!  :lol:

Edit: There you have his scene, he plays the son of his bank director character from the original movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiQ0e90RsFo

The Brain

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. $500 to find out.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I thought he was a chimney sweep in the original.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?