The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I request the Horst Wessel song.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 12, 2017, 11:37:01 AM
What would be a better sentence to annoy the English?

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

or

"Dogs suck!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2017, 12:23:38 PM
http://deadspin.com/u-s-performs-nazi-era-deutschland-deutschland-uber-a-1792271568

The USTA has apologized to Germany for performing the antiquated first verse of that country's national anthem—the "Deutschland, Deutschland Über Alles" one, last used by the Nazis—before yesterday's Fed Cup match between German Andrea Petkovic and American Alison Riske.

OTOH, for a real Nazi vibe, the Horst Wessel would have been played.
Deutschland über alles is, at worst, :pickelhaube: :saupreiß:

PS: I see the Führer of Languish agrees. :)

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Germany's "federal assembly" (lower house of parliament plus similar number of delegates from the states) elected our next president today. The parties often nominate some celebrities for the assembly and this time the Greens nominated a well-known drag queen.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on February 12, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
The parties often nominate some celebrities for the assembly and this time the Greens nominated a well-known drag queen.

OK, but what about the one behind Merkel?

jimmy olsen

Cadia has fallen to Abbadon's Black Crusade, yet fear not, for in the Imperium's Darkest Hour, the Lord of Macragge returns! :o :o :o

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 11, 2017, 05:03:02 AM
My grandma died about three hours ago.  She had been suffering from dementia really badly for the last few months, and I knew it was coming, but it's still a shock that it happened so suddenly. 

I'm glad I decided to visit her today after work.  She even knew who I was when I first got there.  She forgot after a while, but that's okay. 

RIP Grandma.  I'll miss you a lot, and I wish I had thought to thank you today for all the things you did for my mom, my sister, and I.

Sorry to hear this MBM. God bless you and your family in this time of grief. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2017, 01:29:35 AM
Cadia has fallen to Abbadon's Black Crusade, yet fear not, for in the Imperium's Darkest Hour, the Lord of Macragge returns! :o :o :o

g]http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/IMG_4960-768x]

Wait what?  :blink:
They're moving the plot forward like hell....
And no more cadians?  Aren't they one of the more popular IG armies?  Wow
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2017, 02:21:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2017, 01:29:35 AM

g]http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/IMG_4960-768x]

Wait what?  :blink:
They're moving the plot forward like hell....
And no more cadians?  Aren't they one of the more popular IG armies?  Wow

Yup.

Ynead, the prophesied Eldar goddess of Death and Rebirth has finally been born too.

The setting is set for maximum escalation in the upcoming 8th edition.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Gazgkull will ascend to being full Krok like the Beast from 32K. All the Necrons will wake up. Full on Tyrannid invasion that the Dark Angels and their successors will fight, led by the Lion. Etc, etc

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Parisian-Themed-McDonalds-Opens-in-Chelsea-413441133.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

Huh. It's weird to see American McD's taking over how things are done in Europe. The "My Burger" concept was introduced in more than half the restaurants here in Austria May last year; pastries are pretty common, too, if a McCafé is part of the restaurant, and the seating arrangements are similar as well. Main difference is that restaurants here don't have your order being brought to tables, I think.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Lol, the only one that really sells it is Khornate Ariel.  :lol:

1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

The order-via-touchpad thing is creeping into several fast food branches over here too. The advantages seem marginal to me, but I guess it's cool.