News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Terrible :(

I've lost all my grandparents. When my nanna died it was a slow  burner. Didn't quite sink in at first then a few weeks later became super sad.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Olives on pizza- why?
Seems a sure way to get people to swallow the seed
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Sorrry to hear about your lose, MBM.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on February 12, 2017, 07:54:55 AM
Olives on pizza- why?
Seems a sure way to get people to swallow the seed

Because it's amazing. Also, don't eat pizzas in places where they haven't removed the seeds prior to serving.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on February 12, 2017, 09:05:02 AM

... snip ...

Has the author been to Europe?

I'm not sure that the majority of Brits would be bothered if you said the Falklands belonged to Argentina.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on February 12, 2017, 09:09:38 AM

... snip ...

Maybe it was meant to be: how to look foolish in another country.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

... snip ...

But it turned out to be:  how to look foolish on reddit
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Belgium doesn't exist?
And don't get Spain. They are Latin :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

... snip ...

Yeah, a pretty weak piece; usually the maps Zanza posts make for an interesting talking point.

Eddie Teach

... snip ...

I'm not sure that the majority of Brits would be bothered if you said the Falklands belonged to Argentina.

What would be a better sentence to annoy the English?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

http://deadspin.com/u-s-performs-nazi-era-deutschland-deutschland-uber-a-1792271568

The USTA has apologized to Germany for performing the antiquated first verse of that country's national anthem—the "Deutschland, Deutschland Über Alles" one, last used by the Nazis—before yesterday's Fed Cup match between German Andrea Petkovic and American Alison Riske.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

The United States Tennis Association knows better than that.  It's not like they've never dealt with a German team before.  Petkovic should've walked then and there.

Can't wait to see the USTA play "Beans and Cornbread" for the Williams sisters at the US Open.