News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Reminds me of the official campaign bus for the Wildrose Party back in 2012:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

That looks right in Caliga's wheelhouse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2017, 04:30:04 PM
That looks right in Caliga's wheelhouse.

Lets not inflate the issue.

Jacob

LaCroix

debeers diamond company created the concept of a diamond engagement ring that the western world has eaten up. diamonds are worthless. when you buy a diamond wedding ring, you can't sell them for shit. and they do absolutely nothing. it's the biggest scam I've ever seen

:weep:

11B4V

Why marry them, let alone give them a diamond.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

A 120 lbs Ridgeback rubbing up against the lazy boy recliner like a cat.  :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

LaCroix

Quote from: 11B4V on February 17, 2017, 11:18:07 PM
Why marry them, let alone give them a diamond.

because love  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

American (or at least: Caliga's) tax dollars at work:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/creationist-ken-ham-dinosaurs-fought-gladiator-battles-against-humans-and-giants/

QuoteCreationist Ken Ham: Dinosaurs fought gladiator battles against humans and giants

Creationist and Christian fundamentalist Ken Ham believes that in ancient times humans and dinosaurs co-existed with a race of giants and they all did battle with each other in gladiator-style combat.

Huffington Post's Ed Mazza said Friday that Ham tweeted an image of a new diorama in Kentucky's "Ark Encounter" theme park that features humans, giants and dinosaurs battling to the death in a Roman-style arena.

"Exquisite design by @ArkEncounter artists for new Diorama depicting wicked population in the pre-Flood world to be installed @ArkEncounter," Ham wrote.

Ham is the director of Answers in Genesis, a fundamentalist Christian sect who believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old and that humans, dinosaurs and apparently giants coexisted rather than being separated by millions of years.

"Scientists estimate that dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, or a good 64.8 million years before the first homo sapiens, who evolved roughly 200,000 years ago," said Mazza.

Answers in Genesis spent $101 million building "Ark Encounter," including $18 million in tax incentives that came from Kentucky's state coffers. In spite of receiving public money for the project, "Ark Encounter" only hires employees who identify as Christian and requires unmarried employees sign a vow of chastity.

It's a pretty diorama, though, and would fit well in a Conan themed exhibition.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Josquius

That model is pretty compelling as far as evidence goes :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Wicked awesome. I love Conan.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

"Blind Sheik" Omar Abdel-Rahman dies in prison at 78, and Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe of Roe v. Wade, dies at 69.

Man, is Mrs. derspiess going to some cock tonight.  It may even be a full ten minutes' worth.