News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

The important lesson here is that Denmark's economy is plastic block based.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

Pretty sure our bacon, beer, milk and medicine exports are all bigger than plastic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

It is quite amazing quite how much lego is worth.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2017, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

Pretty sure our bacon, beer, milk and medicine exports are all bigger than plastic.

Don't forget your butter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2017, 03:31:51 PM
It is quite amazing quite how much lego is worth.

Not when you see the prices of the sets in toy shops.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Lego Mindstorm is ridiculous.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I really thought Timmay would have posted a link to this video:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38825330

Rare 'lava firehose' from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano

1 February 2017

The Kilauea volcano in Hawaii has been active since 1983, but scientists have filmed an unusual phenomenon.

Dramatic footage shows lava as it flows through a crack in a sea cliff, and into the Pacific Ocean.

You could almost label it as awesome.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

My grandma died about three hours ago.  She had been suffering from dementia really badly for the last few months, and I knew it was coming, but it's still a shock that it happened so suddenly. 

I'm glad I decided to visit her today after work.  She even knew who I was when I first got there.  She forgot after a while, but that's okay. 

After my parents got divorced, we came down to San Antonio and lived with her for about a year while my mom got back on her feet, got a job here, etc.  Grandma would take me to swimming practice in the summers, then she'd make me a sandwich and let me watch cartoons and shit all day E:  And shes the one who told me about MASH.  I watched that show every night in my bedroom at her house, all the way through the last episode.  Took me to the doctor when I got pneumonia and mom had to be at work.  Heh.  I remember watching the Mets win the World Series at her place. That was a long time ago.  She never liked Jay Leno either.  I'm sitting out here on the back porch remembering random shit.  I don't want to attention whore or anything, just wanted to tell someone else all this without actually saying it out loud or soemthing.  My mom and my wife are sort of freaking out, so I have to be doing something other than that for them.

RIP Grandma.  I'll miss you a lot, and I wish I had thought to thank you today for all the things you did for my mom, my sister, and I. 

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I'm sorry. :( :console:

Sounds like she was a wonderful person. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Thanks Syt E: and Brain.  Sorry to dump like that on a message board at 420 in the damn morning.  Ive known ("known") you guys for a while though, so...just one of those things.

E2:  Ha.  Just remembered how, before I moved down here and when we would visit, she would always take my cousin and I to go buy GI Joes as the absolute first thing we did during the visit.  The cool small ones, not the lame-ass 2 foot tall GI Joe doll things.  I have a whole army of those in a box in her garage.  She was cool as fuck.  Didn't even care about the little trenches we'd dig all through her yard, even though it really is a spectacular yard (which I didn't really recognize until I grew up and she bought me my first lawnmower when we bought our firs house goddammit Im really going to miss her)

Okay sorry back to regularly scheduled programming:  I'd like to remind Tim that that World Series was the one Buckner screwed up.   :P

Richard Hakluyt

Sorry about your loss MBM  :(

Some of my favourite people when I was youngster were quite elderly. They just had more time to pay attention than the parental generation I guess. I miss them a lot.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch