Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on October 12, 2020, 07:26:48 AM
So is that going against current German pandemic rules? :P

Since it's in Italy, the question would be is it against Italian rules. :P

However, Thomas Berthold (third from left in the back) recently spoke at an anti-mask rally. :bleeding:

Also, Beckenbauer has a doctor's note that he is not fit to be questioned as part of corruption investigations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Maladict on October 12, 2020, 06:58:35 AMI once had to sit next to Matthaeus on a plane :weep:

I'm so sorry. :console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Sweden marched straight out of 1990 in a very Teutonic fashion: 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

So, after the last Roland Garros the trio of Nadal-Djokovic-Federer have won 50 out of the last 60 grand slams. 15 years of tennis oligopoly.

Sheilbh

The one arena in which, amazingly, the Swiss are most likeable :blink:

Edit: Incidentally Martin Amis writes really well about tennis in general and has written beautifully about Federer and if I ran a prestige magazine or publishing house I would just commission him to follow Federer round for the last few years of his career and write about it.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Zanza on October 11, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
3.6% voting for that utter asshole is of course good compared to before, bit still surprisingly many. I mean, there can't be a more corrupt politician out there.

:huh:

Trump?

;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Maladict

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 09, 2020, 07:15:42 PM
France is the greatest country on earth :wub: :frog:
https://twitter.com/InsiderFood/status/1313986536791302144?s=20

Even though I usually hate Brittany, I got so incredibly home sick watching that that I teared up :(

Sheilbh

I don't understand this:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/12/cabin-fever-tickets-for-meal-aboard-singapore-parked-plane-sell-out

I kind of get the sight-seeing trip from Sidney round Australia and back to Sidney, but the rest makes no sense to me :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zoupa on October 12, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 09, 2020, 07:15:42 PM
France is the greatest country on earth :wub: :frog:
https://twitter.com/InsiderFood/status/1313986536791302144?s=20

Even though I usually hate Brittany, I got so incredibly home sick watching that that I teared up :(
Sorry :(

Though I suppose if there's one message that video has - it's that, whenever it is, there'll always be France :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Not so awesome for my boy Julie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?