The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Zoupa on October 12, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 09, 2020, 07:15:42 PM
France is the greatest country on earth :wub: :frog:
https://twitter.com/InsiderFood/status/1313986536791302144?s=20

Even though I usually hate Brittany, I got so incredibly home sick watching that that I teared up :(

Why do you hate Brittany? You dislike galettes and cider?

Valmy

Maybe its conservative tendencies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zoupa

They pretend they're not french, also their saucisson is terrible.

Maladict

I love Brittany, it's my favourite place in France  :wub:

Josquius

Free Brittany! She did nothing wrong!
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2020, 10:24:27 PM
Maybe its conservative tendencies.

It has been PS for a while, i.e now Macron whatever, so not really.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

With a name like that he never had a chance.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I think I prefer Dick Dale's surfer rock to his lurid adult novels.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

The US process of confirming a nomination to the Supreme Court has become untenable.  Senators on both sides who have little knowledge of the law are engaging in lengthy and simplistic characterizations of the law.  I feel a great deal of sympathy for this nominee and admire her restraint in just not telling a number of senators that their questions don't make much sense.

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 13, 2020, 12:22:01 PM
The US process of confirming a nomination to the Supreme Court has become untenable.  Senators on both sides who have little knowledge of the law are engaging in lengthy and simplistic characterizations of the law.  I feel a great deal of sympathy for this nominee and admire her restraint in just not telling a number of senators that their questions don't make much sense.
It's possibly even more extreme at the minute because it's so close to an election so everyone is looking for a clip they can put on their socials/adverts :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 13, 2020, 12:23:35 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 13, 2020, 12:22:01 PM
It's possibly even more extreme at the minute because it's so close to an election so everyone is looking for a clip they can put on their socials/adverts :bleeding:

Too true. 

crazy canuck

The Senator from Texas just said Citizens United was about the Federal Government being able to ban books.

edit: He must be saying that because the people who vote Republican won't know any better?