Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 02:57:06 PM
Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 02:05:00 PM
Yeah not sure what fhdz is smoking.

I mean about having a weird points system for scoring.

3pts for win, 1 for tie. :mellow:

There's also different points for a win at home vs. a win away, at least in international soccer.

No more fumes for you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

for once the brain and I agree on something.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

They should change it to a sudden death overtime with no goalie substitutions.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 03:03:14 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 02:57:06 PM
Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 02:05:00 PM
Yeah not sure what fhdz is smoking.

I mean about having a weird points system for scoring.

3pts for win, 1 for tie. :mellow:

There's also different points for a win at home vs. a win away, at least in international soccer.

What you mean might be a tie breaker rule from European club competitions. When two games are played, say in the knock out round of the Champions League, then the scores from both games are combined. If the result is a tie, then the team that has scored the most away goals in that match-up advances.

Example: ManU plays Milan. Manchester wins in Milan 3-1. Milan wins in Manchester 2-1. Total score is 3-3. Manchester advances because they scored 3 goals in Milan, while Milan scored only 2 in Manchester.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
Since being capped at 40 hours a week, I doubt I'm going to be buying a tremendous amount of stuff that I'll need to be shipped to me in two days.

There's some movies and TV shows, but I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus.  I'm good.

And now you have Amazon Prime Instant Video as well.

PDH

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

Example: ManU plays Milan. Manchester wins in Milan 3-1. Milan wins in Manchester 2-1. Total score is 3-3. Manchester advances because they scored 3 goals in Milan, while Milan scored only 2 in Manchester.

Doesn't ManU win because they won 4-3?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

fhdz

What's awesome is what kat and the Brain finally agree on something and they're both wrong.

katmai

Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 07:04:52 PM
What's awesome is what kat and the Brain finally agree on something and they're both wrong.

Uh no we are not.

Ed Anger

Time to meet in the mud wrestling ring.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Who gets to be fahdiz's tag team partner?!?!

garbon

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 20, 2014, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
Since being capped at 40 hours a week, I doubt I'm going to be buying a tremendous amount of stuff that I'll need to be shipped to me in two days.

There's some movies and TV shows, but I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus.  I'm good.

And now you have Amazon Prime Instant Video as well.

Better question - why is Ide shilling out money for all of those?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Is it wrong to have all three :unsure:

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 07:12:54 PM
Who gets to be fahdiz's tag team partner?!?!

I'll be Bobby the brain Heenan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 07:04:52 PM

Uh no we are not.

There's a separate (and a little complicated, as noted in the discussion between Syt and PDH) scoring system among a shit-ton of leagues for home vs. away. When I mentioned it, you acted like there was no such thing.