Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2014, 12:15:49 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2014, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: DGuller on January 21, 2014, 08:35:35 AM
I think the retardation of the people posting the comments to news articles is a worldwide phenomenon, it's just that people are being retarded about different things.  Here in US, if there is an article about Putin, for example, he would be compared favorably to Obama, who of course is tirelessly trying to impose a Marxist dictatorship.  It seems like these comments sections attract the most outspoken of idiots, as well as reinforce their stupid views.  This is probably one of the modern phenomena were humanity took a step backwards by trying to take a step forward.

I seriously doubt that you could find a mainstream online media source for which 90% of the comments unfavorably compare Obama to Putin and accuse him of trying to impose a Marxist dictatorship.

However, on yahoonews - you'd be pretty good for the bit I put in bold.
And the upvote/downvote system actually makes things much worse rather than better, because then the idiotic comments get upvoted, and the voice of reason gets downvoted to the point of being automatically hidden.

CountDeMoney

It's that time of year again, when Asian pipples demonstrate exactly how illogical and inhumane they are under their godless yellow skins.

QuoteDolphins' plight sparks international controversy
ByTerrell Brown CBS News January 19, 2014, 8: 42 PM

At Taiji cove in Japan, fisherman have rounded up a group of 250 bottlenose dolphins that are now at the center of an international controversy.

Paul Watson, founder of the conservation group Sea Shepherd, believes many are of these dolphins are about to be slaughtered.

Watson claims some of the mammals will be spared death and instead sold into captivity. He says the selection process begins today.

"The dolphins face a violent and stressful captive selection process. Babies and mothers will be torn from each other's sides as some are taken for captivity, some are killed and others are driven out to sea to fend for themselves," Watson said.

Perhaps most valuable in this round-up is a rare albino calf.

U.S. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy tweeted her condemnation, saying she was "deeply concerned by the inhumaneness of drive hunt dolphin killing."

The Japanese defend the dolphin killing as a local custom. It was the subject of a 2009 documentary "The Cove," which won an Oscar.

Watson, whose opponents describe him as an "eco-terrorist," has been confrontational on other encounters to prevent mass slaughter of sea life in the past. This time, he says an appeal to the public is the only way to stop the killing.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

So's Halloween, but you don't see us herding shit to massacre it.

Grey Fox

Your godfull white people do bad shit too, you know.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Not to animals, we don't.  Just to each other, and they probably had it coming anyway.

lustindarkness

Inhuman!

Oh yeah, dolphins like every other animal are not human.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Don't be a humanazi, Lusti.  Don't be That Guy.

lustindarkness

Don't get me wrong, I hate cruelty to animals. I hate poachers that kill animals for profit or assholes that abuse animals for their twisted sick fun. But the use of the word "inhuman" always pops up in these situations and it irks me. Inhuman treatment of animals? Uh yeah, you can't treat them like humans, because they are not human.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2014, 01:36:38 PM
Don't get me wrong, I hate cruelty to animals. I hate poachers that kill animals for profit or assholes that abuse animals for their twisted sick fun. But the use of the word "inhuman" always pops up in these situations and it irks me. Inhuman treatment of animals? Uh yeah, you can't treat them like humans, because they are not human.

That's because it is referring to the people.

Quoteinhuman - lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

We're animals too. The other animals probably find it arrogant and condescending to pretend we're not.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2014, 01:40:21 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 21, 2014, 01:36:38 PM

That's because it is referring to the people.

Quoteinhuman - lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric.

Hey, cruelty and barbarism are very human characteristics. Only a being with conciousness can really enjoy sadism.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 21, 2014, 01:52:25 PM
We're animals too. The other animals probably find it arrogant and condescending to pretend we're not.

The other animals would probably prefer we didn't kill them for better hard-ons, common cold remedies  and other "traditional medicine" zipperhead slope voodoo bullshit that doesn't work. 
Food, sure, they can understand that;  they eat each other all the time.  But murdered for their pancreas for the myth of better erections?  That's probably downright insulting.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Applicant Tracking System at Caliga, Inc.Do you possess a Bachelor's degree or certification in:

Criminal Justice?     Yes/No
Information Security?     Yes/No
Project Management?     Yes/No
Information Technology?     Yes/No

Quote from: Me, the dumbass that picked Political Science, not realizing at the time that it was career suicide
No
No
No
No

Quote from: Applicant Tracking System at Caliga, Inc.Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for our opening for XXXXX in XXXXXX.  Unfortunately, you have indicated that you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this particular position.

Once again, thank you very much for your interest in this position and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

The Brain

The power of STEM compels you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.