The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 07:34:09 PM
Hulu Plus is best for catching current shows airing on Fox, NBC, and ABC

That's probably true. I just DVR them.

As do I, it's just those time out on road, though my cable company has moved to Tivo boxes so contemplating the tivo stream that would let me load stuff from my DVR to portable electronics.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 20, 2014, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
Since being capped at 40 hours a week, I doubt I'm going to be buying a tremendous amount of stuff that I'll need to be shipped to me in two days.

There's some movies and TV shows, but I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus.  I'm good.

And now you have Amazon Prime Instant Video as well.

Sure, I have the shit that they peel off from the premium stuff that I might actually want to watch.  Hannibal ain't on Instant Video.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

I don't have prime, netflix, or hulu, and once football and the olympics are over I will be getting rid of cable.

You know you can do instead of staring at a box? LIVE LIFE.

[/Self righteous mode off]

Or at least stare at a computer screen.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on January 20, 2014, 07:46:40 PM
I don't have prime, netflix, or hulu, and once football and the olympics are over I will be getting rid of cable.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: ARI don't have prime, netflix, or hulu, and once football and the olympics are over I will be getting rid of cable.

You know damned good and well I can not.

Anyway, I like movies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 07:35:35 PM
We are arguing over the semantics of "points systems" i guess.

Languish!
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on January 20, 2014, 07:47:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 20, 2014, 07:46:40 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seconded.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Apparently my SodaStream opresses Palestinians. Who knew?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Rachel Corrie is blocking your Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper.

Ed Anger

:lol:

St. Rachael of the Pancake
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2014, 07:47:49 PM
You know damned good and well I can not.

I don't know that. We live in a world where Lettow is marrying a hot (and thin!) japanese woman. You have it in you.

Anyway, I wasn't really serious. Fwiw I waste a lot of time on the internet.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on January 20, 2014, 12:47:48 PM
Only in (ice) hockey can you lose every game and still get 84 points :lol:

That is a fairly recent developement and it was done to combat the tradition of going turtle and paying for ties in overtime.  Seems to work.

But this is just the NHL.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: PDH on January 20, 2014, 06:11:17 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

Example: ManU plays Milan. Manchester wins in Milan 3-1. Milan wins in Manchester 2-1. Total score is 3-3. Manchester advances because they scored 3 goals in Milan, while Milan scored only 2 in Manchester.

Doesn't ManU win because they won 4-3?

Yeah, meant 2-0 win of Milan in Manchester.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2014, 11:18:08 PM

Yeah, meant 2-0 win of Milan in Manchester.
So fhdhz WAS right: jake brakes are the reason NHL points affect soccer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: fhdz on January 20, 2014, 07:04:52 PM
What's awesome is what kat and the Brain finally agree on something and they're both wrong.

Uh no we are not.

fagdiz is squirming like crazy trying to save some dignity after making a fool of himself. Poor soul doesn't realize that a tie-breaker isn't a points system.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.