News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Fuck, I forgot to cancel Amazon Prime.  This is a really bad time for it.  That service is basically 98% worthless to me now anyway. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

A bit of a business English question here :
What is the term for a staff member at your company via a company his work was outsourced to?
The term I've seen is outsourcing staff but that seems like they're responsible for outsourcing, I've also thought outsourced staff but that sounds like they are normal staff but were outsourced. Insourced would make sense but it is a different thing. Hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on January 19, 2014, 02:55:00 PM
Fuck, I forgot to cancel Amazon Prime.  This is a really bad time for it.  That service is basically 98% worthless to me now anyway. <_<

Why is Amazon Prime worthless?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Not nationalized. STORAGE WARS FOR THE PEOPLE
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on January 19, 2014, 09:55:50 PM

It's not a waste for me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on January 19, 2014, 09:55:50 PM

Since being capped at 40 hours a week, I doubt I'm going to be buying a tremendous amount of stuff that I'll need to be shipped to me in two days.

There's some movies and TV shows, but I already have Netflix and Hulu Plus.  I'm good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Alcibiades

Question for you hockey gurus, was watching the blackhawks game today and it mentioned that their record is 32-8-11. 

I'm guessing the 11 is for ties, how do they result in ties?  Is that if they don't win in the one round of shootouts?  Or does it go to a second round?

Just curious where the 11 comes from and when it comes into play.

Thanks
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

the 11 is for Games lost in overtime or a shootout.
(A team is awarded one point for each overtime or shootout loss.)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2014, 08:44:11 PM
Subcontractor.
Makes sense. Ta.
Seems a pretty common word, wonder why they're not using it here
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Alcibiades

Quote from: katmai on January 20, 2014, 12:28:39 AM
the 11 is for Games lost in overtime or a shootout.
(A team is awarded one point for each overtime or shootout loss.)

Thanks. 

So the blackhawks have actually lost 19 games, but 11 were in overtime?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain