[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am back! Will be PMing Roslin with crisis choices in a couple of minutes

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 10:53:15 AM
Isn't Weapons control more likely to get damaged when Galactica is hit by something? I'm pretty sure there are places I would be more helpful in, especially if going to weapons control will have me end up in the sickbay.
Of course, NOT going to weapons control if told to will have you end up in sick bay for the extraction of a size 12 boot from your ass!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 10:40:08 AM
I have the President's command, and will not move.  As my first action, I will launch into area 5  (the aftermost of the two launch zones) and move to zone 4 aft of the ship.  With my second action, I will move into zone 3 (upper right).

BTW, Tamas, you stated that "the front is Zone 1, and it goes clockwise from there" and then said that "upper left is Zone 6."  The should be "lower left is Zone 6" unless clocks run backwards in Hungary!

I am assuming the clockwise is correct, but if anticlockwise is correct, then just let me know.  My move should be clear in either case.

I meant "upper left" as top left side of Galactica, and yes clockwise is correct, so your move description is correct also.

the President has received her visions and now pondering what to do.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 11:17:46 AM
the President has received her visions and now pondering what to do.
I thought everything was revealed to everyone.  Are choice cards not revealed to the other players?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Roslin's special ability is to draw two crisises and choose one.

Here it is:

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 11:27:28 AM
Roslin's special ability is to draw two crisises and choose one.
Ah.  Cool!

Bayraktar!

Berkut

OK, so now we commit cards for the skill check, right?

We know what everyone has in there hand, correct?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

I can toss a card at this.

Tamas, do we PM you with our card toss?

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Everyone know their own hands you guys are up to date. PM/gmail chat/MSN/e-mail me your card choices.

From now on we only have 5 players. ehrie/Tigh is official out.

grumbler

Unless, of course, we just want to intentionally fail this and try to take out the basestar.  A level 10 skill check isn't going to be easy with just tactics, piloting, and engineering and the tactics/plot players not having had their draw yet.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 11:33:54 AM
Let's get BB in here to replace ehrie.  I think he expressed some interest.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 11:37:12 AM
Unless, of course, we just want to intentionally fail this and try to take out the basestar.  A level 10 skill check isn't going to be easy with just tactics, piloting, and engineering and the tactics/plot players not having had their draw yet.

That was my unfortunate perspective.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 11:39:34 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 11:33:54 AM
Let's get BB in here to replace ehrie.  I think he expressed some interest.

Good idea!

JacobL

Anyone able to use an investigative committee to help us out? 

grumbler

I think the Admiral has to make the call as to whether or not to take on the skill check.  His two tactics cards are probably the only thing that can get us close (unless Apollo has something big in his kit).

Bayraktar!