[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 11:39:34 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 11:33:54 AM
From now on we only have 5 players. ehrie/Tigh is official out.
Let's get BB in here to replace ehrie.  I think he expressed some interest.

I did, but I'm concerned I would slow you down.  The time identified as the prime time for all players puts it in my work morning.  At work I am restricted in what I can access on the web.  By the time I get home it's late evening on the east coast and early morning in Europe.

What kind of resources do I need to access in order to play the game?  Independent software like cyberboard is a no-no on a gov't computer, and my private email is also blocked.  Essentially I can only access websites (and even then only websites without the word "game" in the URL) and languish PMs.

Is that enough?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 25, 2009, 11:48:43 AM
Anyone able to use an investigative committee to help us out?
I don't think a Cylon would play his or her cards so early to screw us over, and the worst case outcome is something we can live with.  Save the IC for a really critical check when we need to make sure the Cylons stay under cover.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 25, 2009, 11:56:38 AM

What kind of resources do I need to access in order to play the game?  Independent software like cyberboard is a no-no on a gov't computer, and my private email is also blocked.  Essentially I can only access websites (and even then only websites without the word "game" in the URL) and languish PMs.

Is that enough?
All we have is an email with our cards and what you see here.  You will need to download the rules at home tonight, but for this turn you aren't going to be doing much (and we can tell you what to do).  Even if you are a Cylon, you won't want to make any moves this early, so I think you can ease into the game pretty readily.

I think Tamas can probably play your cards for you this round if you'd like.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 12:01:06 PM
All we have is an email with our cards and what you see here. 

Even that's a problem.  I know Tamas has posted some links (to cards and what not) but I can't view them at work - they show up as blank spaces.

Tamas

BB right now the only pictures to look at are the Crisis cards I post here, and your cards I scan and e-mail to you.

And this turn you would be moved according to what the others and I see fit. Then we can just assume you are not playing any cards, so you could safely have at least a day, probably two when it gets unavoidable for you to participate.

Speaking of pictures, I was promised to be sent the whole picture package used in Photoshop by one of the boardgamegeek forum GMs.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 25, 2009, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 12:01:06 PM
All we have is an email with our cards and what you see here. 

Even that's a problem.  I know Tamas has posted some links (to cards and what not) but I can't view them at work - they show up as blank spaces.
True, but you can do the downloading at home - we don't expect you to be able to play effectively right away.  Tamas can send your cards as an image in a PM.

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Okay - I'll give it a shot.

So I'm Col. Tigh?  The black guy, right?  :P

JacobL

Tamas

Excellent, BB :)

PM me your e-mail address please, later today I will be sending you scans of all the cards you currently hold.

Here is the link for the rulebook:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Battlestar_Galactica/bsg_rulebook_web.pdf

Now for the others: lets decide if you want to fail or not.

grumbler

Berkut hasn't weighed in yet, but Roslin and I are both voting to fail this in the absence of any information that we wouldn't just be throwing cards away.  If Apollo agrees, then we have the majority and can move on.

Bayraktar!

JacobL

I don't like the idea of losing a raptor and having another basestar to deal with but unless someone feels they can contribute a lot to the check we might be in trouble with so few cards for most of us.  If we choose to fail it, Tigh needs to go straight to weapons control and fire on the Basestar.

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 25, 2009, 12:32:49 PM
I don't like the idea of losing a raptor and having another basestar to deal with but unless someone feels they can contribute a lot to the check we might be in trouble with so few cards for most of us.  If we choose to fail it, Tigh needs to go straight to weapons control and fire on the Basestar.
That "someone" would have to be you.  I can toss a small card, but that doesn't get us anywhere near ten, and the President doesn't have any of the right kinds of cards. Adama might, but he'd need to have two fairly big tactics cards to make up the difference.

So, lets opt to fail and move on.

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Okay, if Jacob says yes on the auto-fail I consider it voted and move on.

Since it will be Tigh's turn, I assume you want him manning the guns and firing on the basestar correct?

Barrister

Okay, so I have the rulebook and am looking at it a bit (inbetween my actual work :P), but I can't see the crises.

Anyone care to let the XO know what's going on?

JacobL

Personally I think failing this check is bad but we could suffer far greater for trying to pass with fewer resources and failing so lets pass up the risk and move on.  Just need the XO to get to Weapons Control.