[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 12:43:16 PM
Okay, if Jacob says yes on the auto-fail I consider it voted and move on.

Since it will be Tigh's turn, I assume you want him manning the guns and firing on the basestar correct?
That is correct.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I'm going to be out the rest of the day. Crisis at work. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 25, 2009, 12:43:35 PM
Okay, so I have the rulebook and am looking at it a bit (inbetween my actual work :P), but I can't see the crises.

Anyone care to let the XO know what's going on?
The crisis card is a few posts back.  To pass the skill check, we would all throw in cards (as many as we like), and then four random cards from the "destiny deck" would be tossed in as well. No one would know who threw in what cards.

Then, the cards are divided into two pile:  those containing the relevant skills (pilot, tactics, and engineering) would count towards a positive score, and the cards with non-relevant skills (leadership and politics) would count as negatives.  If the total were ten or more, we would pass the check, and nothing would happen.  If we failed it, we would lose a raptor (of which we have only 4) and a basestar is placed off the bow of the ship.  In any case, all the cards are lost.

We opted to fail the check automatically because there were not enough players yet with piloting and tactics skills who have drawn their full hand, and so we had little chance of passing and would lose the cards anyway.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2009, 12:51:32 PM
I'm going to be out the rest of the day. Crisis at work. :(
That's okay.  I need to be about other business anyway.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Tamas, I am going to toss in the skill card as I PM'ed you, and run the skill check anyway.  There is a chance that the Destiny Deck cards could save our ass, given that three of the five skills apply.  There doesn't seem to be a down side to this, other than me losing a card I don't need (and with my turn upcoming after Tigh's).

Could you run that, and then (if it fails) put Tigh in WC and have him take a shot?  After that, you can draw the Crisis card and we will be done for the day.

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Just need the dice roll of the 1 shot by tigh and then we get extra time to figure out the next crisis.

So are we trying to pass the skill check now but with minor support? :huh:

Tamas

JacobL

Tamas

Actually, I would much prefer to wait for the others now, since it is up to to them if they trust Starbuck.

HOWEVER, it has been determined that you see this crisis as not burning down your card reserves from 3. So, I will only need declarations from Berkut, and then I will assume the 3 carders dont want to play any cards. Regarding garbon, he is out for a day and seemed uninterested in tossing cards, so will just assume for him as well.

This kind of resolution will be extremely rare 'though.

Berkut

I will add 1 card to helop this out a little bit. My cards mostly suck though, so we will still need some help from the deck.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JacobL

I am adding nothing.  Too long to go until I get others and my help wouldn't go far.

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 25, 2009, 12:56:57 PM
Well, we actually have little choice, since this isn't a choice-type skill check.  Given that there is no down side to making the effort, and only I (edit: and Berkut) am tossing a card (and one I don't really need anyway) it seems a no-lose situation.

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: JacobL on June 25, 2009, 12:56:57 PM
Well, we actually have little choice, since this isn't a choice-type skill check.  Given that there is no down side to making the effort, and only I am tossing a card (and one I don't really need anyway) it seems a no-lose situation.
All I can contribute is hoping for good luck.  Cursed last place draw <_<

Berkut

So if I had chosen as demanded at the last crisis, and not nuked the first one, we would be likely facing 3 basestars now?

Yeah, I totally suck as the Admiral!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JacobL

Hey I agree with leaving the civvies behind so you have support of at least your son on that matter.