[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
So why isn't garbon taking his turn yet?

Because I didn't have my cards yet. Despite Tamas's insistent urging, I wasn't sure what my move would be without my card draw. (and then my e-mail brokedown :( )

I'll be staying put in my office and then sidestepping our reckless Admiral, I give Kara Thrace a direct order to dispatch said bogeys (executive order played).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I am surprised that the President of the Colonies is, at the very outset of this endeavor, already attempting to sow discord and dissension, when what is needed is cooperation and unity in the face of the real dangers we are currently fighting to overcome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 10:22:07 AM
I am surprised that the President of the Colonies is, at the very outset of this endeavor, already attempting to sow discord and dissension, when what is needed is cooperation and unity in the face of the real dangers we are currently fighting to overcome.

None of this would be necessary if the Admiral would take more than a half second to review his options.  I'm not convinced by Kara Thrace, a member of the junior personnel I might add, that her plan would have been preferable to yours, only that yours gave the outward appearance of no thought at all.  I can't have my Admiral hiding his motives from the civilian government.  In fact, I'm arguing that the civilian gov and its military apparatus need to work in tandem.

That said, I'm sure we can all agree that it is important to dispatch the remaining vipers that are closing in on our fleet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Nothing like a power struggle between our illustrious leaders while we face the impending doom. Lovely.  :rolleyes:

Any news on the upcoming crisis?

JacobL

I will just stay here and hang out watching Basestar debris float around just outside of target practice range.  I don't suppose Tigh will be willing to use Galactica's guns to try and fry a raider?

I can move to protect the civvies when the moment comes.

Martinus

Anyway, once the President is done, should we wait for Tigh to crawl out of his drunker stupor somewhere, or should we just assume he fell through an open hatch and carry on?

grumbler

I have the President's command, and will now move.  As my first action, I will launch into area 5  (the aftermost of the two launch zones) and move to zone 4 aft of the ship.  With my second action, I will move into zone 3 (upper right).

BTW, Tamas, you stated that "the front is Zone 1, and it goes clockwise from there" and then said that "upper left is Zone 6."  The should be "lower left is Zone 6" unless clocks run backwards in Hungary!

I am assuming the clockwise is correct, but if anticlockwise is correct, then just let me know.  My move should be clear in either case.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Apollo, you might want to hang tight if Tigh is going to move some or all of the civvies.  If he moves any into zone 5, then any new raiders will be coming into zone 6 because that move is closer to the bow.  If the civvies are going to stay where they are, then you can move there to protect them from any leakers that get by me (not likely to be many, of course!).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Now I just need to know what crisis I will envision.

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 10:44:02 AM
Apollo, you might want to hang tight if Tigh is going to move some or all of the civvies.  If he moves any into zone 5, then any new raiders will be coming into zone 6 because that move is closer to the bow.  If the civvies are going to stay where they are, then you can move there to protect them from any leakers that get by me (not likely to be many, of course!).
I am mostly thinking about getting someone into Weapons control in case another basestar shows up so they can get off 2 shots at it.  We have no one there right now.

Martinus

Isn't Weapons control more likely to get damaged when Galactica is hit by something? I'm pretty sure there are places I would be more helpful in, especially if going to weapons control will have me end up in the sickbay.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2009, 10:26:55 AM
That said, I'm sure we can all agree that it is important to dispatch the remaining vipers that are closing in on our fleet.

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 10:59:18 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2009, 10:26:55 AM

WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!

Can Cylons have Freudian slips?

grumbler

BTW, here are some crisis card breakdowns:

Of 70 cards, 10 are cylon attacks (i.e. they add enemy forces), 20 are choice cards (like the one we just had0, and 40 are skill checks.

Of the 70 cards, 40 move the jump track.  Three can decrease the jump count if skill checks fail or if that option is chosen.

Of the 70 cards, 14 cause basestars to attack, 7 launch raiders, 14 activate heavy raiders, and 35 activate raiders.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 25, 2009, 10:49:20 AM
I am mostly thinking about getting someone into Weapons control in case another basestar shows up so they can get off 2 shots at it.  We have no one there right now.
Roger that, CAG.  We really don't need to move the civvies or launch any more vipers at this point.  You can move to cover them this turn, and Tigh or Baltar can go to weapons control.

Bayraktar!