[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Okay, it is 8:03 PM my time, and nothing has happened for three hours, so I am taking a break for something else.  :cool:

I still want PrezRoz to activate me with her telepathic ability, and for nuke'em Adama to take the morale loss and challenge the Vorlons.

Back in a coupla hours.  Yes, it goes on that long.

And not for Seedy's reason, either!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

I could accuse you of being a Vorlon?  Would that help matters at all?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2009, 07:28:32 PM
Would that really be helpful, Mr. Adama?
It might help the supply of booze hold out longer?

garbon

Quote from: JacobL on June 24, 2009, 07:31:27 PM
It might help the supply of booze hold out longer?

I'm (Roslin) all for a good witch hunt even if the evidence is scant but we shouldn't attack one another unnecessarily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

So, no news is no news, eh?

G'night.

We really need to do this on a schedule.  The game is too interwoven for "player-turns."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 09:11:03 PM
So, no news is no news, eh?

G'night.

We really need to do this on a schedule.  The game is too interwoven for "player-turns."

I suppose it depends on what crisis event occurs on the turn. Berk's turn could have been short and sweet, although I agree with the interweaving on the decision "making" bit.

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 09:11:03 PM

Which is why I bowed out.  Still, I hope it works out--it's a very interesting game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2009, 04:45:53 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 24, 2009, 04:13:54 PM
We will deploy one of our precious nukes to destroy the basestar.

How kind of you to inform the presidency.

Inform them of what?

Civilians don't even understand the circumstances, much less the correct response. Stay over there on your little ship, and keep out of the way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

1 basestar and 6 raiders?  That is some bad juju. Sorry, civvies, but the protection of the fleet must take precedent. We abandon them to their fate.

-1 morale + 1 basestar and 3 raiders << a couple pop.

Lets get these raiders cleaned up, and be on our way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

I can't believe how we just left these poor souls to their fate. :weep:

garbon

Berkut is one of the following:

Either way, the Quorum is not pleased.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 12:41:14 AM
I can't believe how we just left these poor souls to their fate. :weep:

Your character would never say that.   :P

Actually, he might say it, but he'd never mean it.