Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2015, 09:35:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 18, 2015, 03:44:58 PM
I have lost 11.2 pounds on my diet so far :w00t:

Only 48 to go :weep:

Up to about 15 lost now -_-

44.2 to go.

28 down now :w00t:

31 to go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quotethink I've broken myself somehow.

My standard run is 6 miles.

I can't even run 60 metres without running out of breath :(
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I will not be 130 in time for my holiday.

The people of Greece instead get to look forward to a corpse-coloured, mid-era Roger Moore washing up on their beaches :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Lawyers continue their quest to ruin my life and America.

Local climbing gym has 60 foot walls. There are auto belay devices for people to use if they don't have partners, and that will include me the majority of the time if I ever start going regularly. Only now the routes using auto belay devices only go to 20 feet. I asked, wtf?

I was told it was because of legal liability because too many people have been killed on auto belay devices because they failed to clip themselves in.

I know there have been a number of accidents caused by people forgetting to clip in, and I understand how it can happen, but fuck. I get how such incidents can result in Darwin Awards, but not so much legal liability for the gyms.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Only down to 304.0, so I'm not shedding as fast as Valmy but my dimensions are changing pretty rapidly.  I may need new belts soon.

Current numbers:

Squat175 lbs
Bench125 lbs
Press80 lbs
Deadlift235 lbs

I'm going to work power cleans in starting this weekend.  I have also started boxing workouts instead of walks between weight sessions.  Beating things is more satisfying than walking around, and I could use the extra upper body work.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on May 04, 2015, 01:01:58 PM
Have you guys ever done a medical examination to find out where your lactate/aerobic threshold is? I wonder if I should do that to be able to better adjust my training to that.

I don't really see the reason an average person would want to be tested.  One of the beneficial effects of training is your threshold will improve over time.  In the beginning of a training regime the change can be dramatic.  The testing is really for athletes who are already at a peak fitness/performance level to help fine tune their training.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 11, 2015, 12:33:51 PM
Have you guys ever done a medical examination to find out where your lactate/aerobic threshold is? I wonder if I should do that to be able to better adjust my training to that.

I don't really see the reason an average person would want to be tested.  One of the beneficial effects of training is your threshold will improve over time.  In the beginning of a training regime the change can be dramatic.  The testing is really for athletes who are already at a peak fitness/performance level to help fine tune their training.

I don't think Zanza is at the start of a training regime.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on May 11, 2015, 02:59:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 11, 2015, 12:33:51 PM

I don't think Zanza is at the start of a training regime.

Neither is he an elite athlete who has maxed out their threshold. Better to use the money on a good pair of runners to continue his training.

Legbiter

Heavy backsquats today. Still alive.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zanza

My health insurance pays for a complete sports medicine check. I would just have to chip in 20 Euro.
I am of course not an elite athlete or even trained as well as I should be, but it's still interesting as you can align your training accordingly

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 06, 2015, 07:26:42 PM
I will not be 130 in time for my holiday.

The people of Greece instead get to look forward to a corpse-coloured, mid-era Roger Moore washing up on their beaches :w00t:

Ok, definitely a stealth brag. Unless you mean kilos, which I know you don't. That's woman-sized. Hot woman-sized.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: Zanza on May 11, 2015, 03:32:50 PM
My health insurance pays for a complete sports medicine check. I would just have to chip in 20 Euro.
I am of course not an elite athlete or even trained as well as I should be, but it's still interesting as you can align your training accordingly
I had a max HR test at the gym - basically after a warm-up getting faster and at a higher gradient until my HR reached a peak. I nearly puked. But it's worth it as even the best calculated estimated can be way off.

celedhring

Down to 110 kilos. Slowly but surely. My pants are starting to feel loose.