News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2015

Started by Maladict, December 28, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Right, but if you 'lived' in the metric system your entire life, you would.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2015, 09:26:45 AM
Right, but if you 'lived' in the metric system your entire life, you would.

Agreed, probably.

But maybe there's something about a mile, it is after all 2000 Roman paces or is it 1000 double paces?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2015, 09:00:14 AM
Hey on that point we can agree.  It's absurd that we aren't using the metric system here. <_<

Amen man.  Amen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Popped out late to pay a quick visit to the sea, 22-23 miles ok, beginning to get a bit of fitness back, now using more of the bigger gears to get some strength back.   :)

Tomorrow, there's an hour or two weather window amongst the the wind and rain, maybe I'll be able to do something a bit further in the opposite direction?

alfred russel

Last night I was planning on going for a run after dinner. But I ate way too much, and thought: "I'll just get up early in the morning and run then."

So far this is a fairly routine story. But then something happened that has never happened before: I got up early and went for a run.  :bowler:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

I lost five pounds while I was in San Francisco.  Guess it was all that walking.  Also, I didn't see too many fatties out there.  Coincidence? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I have lost 11.2 pounds on my diet so far :w00t:

Only 48 to go :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Trying out some new tyres today, so did 30 odd miles in the late afternoon; quite pleased with how they handle and for that matter how I did too.  :)

Eddie Teach

Back down around my best times last fall on elliptical. 1 mile at 7:58, 3 miles at 26:29.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2015, 04:12:34 PM
Back down around my best times last fall on elliptical. 1 mile at 7:58, 3 miles at 26:29.

:cool:

Even 2 miles of walking tires me out, very much.  :(

Sheilbh

Lost a stone :w00t:

Target's to lose another 1-2, but I seem to have hit a wall <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I ran one lap in the local park today (~4km). First one since it was way more green. Legs hurt but I feel very good about it though. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Being trying to do 30-odd miles most early evenings, say two day on, one off, but on Sunday coming back from a ride, I thought I'll slow it down a bit, so kept up a moderate pace, but it was into a rather keen, cold South'Esterly and since I wasn't generating so much heat, I caught a chill.  :(

Feeling a little better this morning, had to go into the conurbations, so took the bike and did a round trip of 23-24 miles, now feeling better, but a long way, figuratively and literally to fitness I'd like to regain.  :hmm:

celedhring

Down two kilos in two months. The trainer believes I should be doing better than that, and has mandated me an even more punishing fitness program. Main difference is that I'm doing less weight for more reps, in longer sessions.

I also should probably eat a bit less too  :blush:

Legbiter

Today the menu is deadlifts. Been progessing nicely on my lifts these last couple of months.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.