And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2009, 08:46:28 AM
ROM has Half Price Friday Nights.

Of the train time I posted whats better for you guys ? (Mainly Sask & Malthus).

16:41
humans were created in their own image

garbon

Why did they insert that crystal on the ROM?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 08:55:17 AM

Hey don't worry about the cost, my treat for stuff like drinks, dinners and admissions. Within reason.  :lol:

:woot:

See, this is just the kind of "solid planning" that will work to convince Mrs. Berkut to attend!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2009, 09:42:37 AM
Why did they insert that crystal on the ROM?

A sad insufficiency of brutal beatings of modernist architects, I assume.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on June 19, 2009, 09:30:01 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2009, 08:46:28 AM
ROM has Half Price Friday Nights.

Of the train time I posted whats better for you guys ? (Mainly Sask & Malthus).

16:41

It is settle then.

@ Malthus, nice of you! You'll be happy, I don't drink ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 08:44:14 AM
ROM is fine by me, too.

Another plan, if you are comming in with bags etc., is to drop em off at my place and then go for dinner/drinks in my neighbourhood - lots of places to do that very nearby.

That might not be a bad idea.  I pack pretty light, but I do worry whether or not this conference is going to force me to bring a suit (which means a much larger suitcase).

Also, you really don't need to buy me dinner/drinks.  I know I don't make a Gowlings Toronto salary, but I can't claim poverty on a lawyer's salary.

And so it sounds like we have me, GF, Malthus, Sasks, and HVC, with a maybe from Berkut.  Is there anyone else we can or should pester? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I have pestered Zoupa, He hasn't answered back.

also, I claim, like HVC, Poverty.

Malthus

Heh, offer's open to any who come and want to take advantage of it. I'm no stranger to this situation - many of my friends are unemployed or working in areas that do not pay well; going out is no fun unless everyone can enjoy it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:37:10 PM
Is there a Ruth Chris in Toronto?

Yes

145 Richmond Street West,
Hilton Toronto Hotel,
Toronto, On M5H 2L2

It's a little North of Union Station.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2009, 03:26:33 PM
I have pestered Zoupa, He hasn't answered back.

also, I claim, like HVC, Poverty.

How about everyone's favourite gay francophone misanthrope? :unsure:

Berkut - google says there is, but I wonder if that's even TOs best steakhouse...

Berkut

I was just trying to come up with some inordinately expensive place for dinner, since Malthus is buying...

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
I was just trying to come up with some inordinately expensive place for dinner, since Malthus is buying...
:D

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 19, 2009, 03:48:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
:D

Don't laugh so loud - you announced you'll be paying for your own meal, so any punishment delt to me on the score of choosing an inordinately expensive place, you'll get at least part of.  :P

Anyway, offer is only good within reason. You guys can pay for your own personal chefs, hundred-dollar fancy steak entrees or full-scale Roman orgies.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 03:55:16 PM
Don't laugh so loud - you announced you'll be paying for your own meal, so any punishment delt to me on the score of choosing an inordinately expensive place, you'll get at least part of.  :P

I know. :cry:

For what it is worth I am not a fancy meal kind of guy.  I live in the Yukon, so some nice mooseburgers are good for me...