News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on June 19, 2009, 02:29:07 PM

And so it sounds like we have me, GF, Malthus, Sasks, and HVC, with a maybe from Berkut.  Is there anyone else we can or should pester? :unsure:

josephus.
brazen.
humans were created in their own image

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 03:55:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 19, 2009, 03:48:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
I was just trying to come up with some inordinately expensive place for dinner, since Malthus is buying...
:D

Don't laugh so loud - you announced you'll be paying for your own meal, so any punishment delt to me on the score of choosing an inordinately expensive place, you'll get at least part of.  :P

Anyway, offer is only good within reason. You guys can pay for your own personal chefs, hundred-dollar fancy steak entrees or full-scale Roman orgies.  :lol:

Roman orgies? I don't think garbon is coming Malthus.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

Just checking up on the thread, looks like you chaps are going to have a great time  :cool:

Unfortunately I'm busy that weekend so won't be able to take malthus up on his free drinks offer  :(

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

I always picture Caliga wearing a Tonga even when stuffing himself with gas station biscuit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

He's surprisingly normal looking most of the time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 08:55:17 AM
Hey don't worry about the cost, my treat for stuff like drinks, dinners and admissions. Within reason.  :lol:

Good man.  This has always been my policy when meeting with Languishites.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 22, 2009, 11:29:30 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 19, 2009, 08:55:17 AM
Hey don't worry about the cost, my treat for stuff like drinks, dinners and admissions. Within reason.  :lol:

Good man.  This has always been my policy when meeting with Languishites.

Letting Malthus pay?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2009, 11:37:16 AM
Letting Malthus pay?

If he attended one of the meets I was at I would happily allow him to have that honour.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 22, 2009, 11:38:51 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2009, 11:37:16 AM
Letting Malthus pay?

If he attended one of the meets I was at I would happily allow him to have that honour.

Naw, as partner you take precidence.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

client development. business expense. research. consulting with stakeholders. in depth focus group.

somehow, all justifiable.
humans were created in their own image

HVC

Thanks Malthus, much appreciated. I'll try to pay my way the best i can, but as our itenary gorws my cashflow sinks lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on June 22, 2009, 03:34:50 PM
client development. business expense. research. consulting with stakeholders. in depth focus group.

somehow, all justifiable.

Of course.  The drinks Buddha, Jake, BB and I had at the Wedgewood definitely fall into at least one of those categories.

Admiral Yi