News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

I'll probably just get a passport, as it'll be more useful and permanent.  sometime in the Fall might work.  Anyone else care to weigh in?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

Quote from: saskganesh on July 21, 2009, 04:10:58 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 21, 2009, 02:31:18 PM
Either way, I definitely need to get my ass in gear and be prepared for the next go around, if there is one.  Any preliminary plans people?

no plans yet, but we get motivated when someone comes to town. we are doubly motivated when two people come to town...

get your license, suggest a future date (say in the Fall?) and it's a probable. :)

We briefly considered the thought of a Languish trip to Ottawa to check out Museum of Civ. and the War Museum. But then the waitress came taking orders and the proposal was instantly forgotten.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Josephus, you look not at all like a swarthy, skulking, knife wielding Maltese. 

And so capitalist looking too.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2009, 04:27:43 PM
Josephus, you look not at all like a swarthy, skulking, knife wielding Maltese. 

And so capitalist looking too.

Should I have worn a beret? Beneath that jean jacket (working class wear), I was wearing a shirt that said "Cuba" on it. :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on July 21, 2009, 04:58:18 PM
Should I have worn a beret? Beneath that jean jacket (working class wear), I was wearing a shirt that said "Cuba" on it. :)
My first choice would have been a loin cloth, with a knife in your teeth, ready to do battle with Saracens in the sacred waters of the Grand Harbor.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2009, 05:55:18 PM
My first choice would have been a loin cloth, with a knife in your teeth, ready to do battle with Saracens in the sacred waters of the Grand Harbor.

Looks like a good time.  That teepee is pretty stylish too, though I'm not sure how practical it is.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2009, 05:55:18 PM

Oh that...the Spanish fought that war for us. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

HVC

I couldn't see the pics at work, but i like you guys, you make me feel tall :p
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on July 21, 2009, 06:10:21 PM
Oh that...the Spanish fought that war for us. ;)
All except for the Turk knifing in the waters off the boom.:contract:

Admit it, knifing people in the water is in your blood.

Sophie Scholl

It looks like I'll be in Toronto around the 17th of September.  Just bought tickets to the U2 show.  I am: excited.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."