News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2009, 01:53:20 PM
I'm up for meeting. We have to meet in any case, because you guys are sleeping at my house.  :D

:hug:

Should we meet you at your house, do you want to meet us at Union Station, or some third option? :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

saskganesh

looking at my own deadlines this fortnight/month, I am unsure of I can get down to Union to greet in the afternoon.

how about this?

Fox and BB meet at Union, take the subway up to Bloor line, change trains then ride west to Royal york stn (near Malthus's house?) where they meet Malthus, drop bags, and then meet me in a local pub of Malthus's choosing around 730. I'll ride over, it's close to me.
humans were created in their own image

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
I'm up for meeting. We have to meet in any case, because you guys are sleeping at my house.  :D

Should we meet you at your house, do you want to meet us at Union Station, or some third option? :huh:

I'll give you folks my office phone #, call me when you guys get in and I'll come down to the station (it's a 4 minute walk or so) (I presume that both of you are comming at a similar time - if not we can wait around downtown together until both are here); then we'll drop your stuff off at my house, meet Carl and Mrs. Malthus, go out for a drink and blab with any who want to meet up - Sask doesn't live too far away, maybe meet up with him if he's interested.

Edit: simulpost. Make that "meet up with Sask", then.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

good. we think enough alike. :)

what pub will we meet at? how's Henry VIII?

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2009, 02:03:40 PM

I'll give you folks my office phone #, call me when you guys get in and I'll come down to the station (it's a 4 minute walk or so) (I presume that both of you are comming at a similar time - if not we can wait around downtown together until both are here); then we'll drop your stuff off at my house, meet Carl and Mrs. Malthus, go out for a drink and blab with any who want to meet up - Sask doesn't live too far away, maybe meet up with him if he's interested.

Sounds like a plan then.  :)

GF and I are coming in about an hour apart.  I'm sure GF would appreciate waiting with you if you can manage it.

Will Mrs. Malthus want to join us when we go out for a drink?  And someone should then poke HVC and Josephus.

From there we can figure out what, if any, Saturday plans we'll have.

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on July 06, 2009, 02:10:01 PM
good. we think enough alike. :)

what pub will we meet at? how's Henry VIII?

I kinda like "The Old Sod", but I admit it's just because I like the name.  :lol:

Actually, I'm okay with any of 'em - I really haven't pubbed it much in my neighbourhood.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2009, 02:03:40 PM

Sounds like a plan then.  :)

GF and I are coming in about an hour apart.  I'm sure GF would appreciate waiting with you if you can manage it.

Will Mrs. Malthus want to join us when we go out for a drink?  And someone should then poke HVC and Josephus.

From there we can figure out what, if any, Saturday plans we'll have.

Mrs. Malthus probably won't come, because that would involve arranging a baby-sitter for the night, which she prefers not to do.

saskganesh

for the name alone, let's try the Old Sod. hopefully I can get all my work done, so I can be 100% free on Saturday, whether it's AGOing, deathmarching or whatever.

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2009, 02:14:51 PM
Mrs. Malthus probably won't come, because that would involve arranging a baby-sitter for the night, which she prefers not to do.

I understand completely.  But she is completely welcome to come if you guys change her mind.

Grey Fox

It might not be good idea to expose Mrs Malthus to the ruggedness you are & my french charm simultaneously. She might burst into flames.

Old sod :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

So I think I'll have to delay, as I don't have a passport or "enhanced" license. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 06, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
It might not be good idea to expose Mrs Malthus to the ruggedness you are & my french charm simultaneously. She might burst into flames.

Old sod :lol:

You have to admit, the name is memorable.  :D I suspect it was intended to refer to the "old sod" of home (that is, Ireland), but it definitely has a double meaning.

It also has the benefit of being a short stumble from my house.

HVC

I now work 7- 3 on fridays so i can get back into toronto, shower, and meet up with you guys at the station.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2009, 03:48:37 PM

I now work 7- 3 on fridays so i can get back into toronto, shower, and meet up with you guys at the station.

:cheers:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2009, 03:48:37 PM

:cheers:

As you can see we're meeting up after 7 anyways, and we can certainly wait and meet you at the Old Sod (or wherever).