Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on July 14, 2009, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2009, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 14, 2009, 03:09:24 PM
check your PM's. :)

Listening to a fake Albertan complain about Ontario is like listening to Ahmadinejadada talk about Israel. It's just not credible.

I'm an Albertan by marriage.  :contract:

illegal immigrants always say that.  :lol:

By the way, if I'm a fake Albertan, doesn't that make you a fake Saskatchewaner?  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

You guys still want to plan on meeting up with me on Saturday at some point? What do you think would be a good time? I'll could pull into Union at 35 after each hour.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2009, 03:11:47 PM
Malthus - can you suggest a meeting place for GF and I at Union Station?

Hmmm - I'm not sure, off the top. I'll walk over after work and see what would be convenient.
Since they're both coming off the train walking down to the main level the easiest for them to meet up is in front of the McDonalds. easy to find.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 14, 2009, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2009, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2009, 03:11:47 PM
Malthus - can you suggest a meeting place for GF and I at Union Station?

Hmmm - I'm not sure, off the top. I'll walk over after work and see what would be convenient.
Since they're both coming off the train walking down to the main level the easiest for them to meet up is in front of the McDonalds. easy to find.

Sounds good to me.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Sounds like a plan.

Jos, absolutely I'd like to meet up on Saturday.  What time would be good for you on Saturday (nothing really early though)?

Josephus

Sask suggested a theoretical time of 11 am. Does that work for the rest of you? Meet at 11 and then head to the AGO?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

I think that could work, but best wait for others to chime in.

Grey Fox

Sure, anything's good for me.

I have only 1 plan for the weekend & it's after BB leave & before I take the train home : visit the HHOF.

At Union, infront of a Mcdonalds, alright. I'll be the habs fan getting eckled. ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2009, 09:13:08 PM
Sure, anything's good for me.

I have only 1 plan for the weekend & it's after BB leave & before I take the train home : visit the HHOF.

At Union, infront of a Mcdonalds, alright. I'll be the habs fan getting eckled. ;)

My train gets in at 5:53, so see you around 6pm.  :thumbsup:

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2009, 09:19:40 PM
:thumbsup:

How's London so far btw?

Meh - it's okay.  Course material is pretty good.  Everyone gets wide eyes when I tell 'em I'm from Yukon.  This town sucks if you don't have a car though.  Was up till 1:30 last night drinking with a bunch of people from the Newmarket Crown's office, so I'm taking it easy tonight.

I met an older Toronto Crown, he asked where I worked, and where in the past.  He was absolutely shocked when I said I used to work in Peace River - he had worked there 20 years ago, and a lot of the lawyers were still the same...  :cool:

Grey Fox

Thats pretty cool.

Maybe you should rent a car then.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
Thats pretty cool.

Maybe you should rent a car then.

I'm no mono, but I'm pretty cheap. :scots:

Grey Fox

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 14, 2009, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 14, 2009, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 14, 2009, 03:09:24 PM
check your PM's. :)

Listening to a fake Albertan complain about Ontario is like listening to Ahmadinejadada talk about Israel. It's just not credible.

I'm an Albertan by marriage.  :contract:

illegal immigrants always say that.  :lol:

By the way, if I'm a fake Albertan, doesn't that make you a fake Saskatchewaner?  :contract:

no, because unlike some, I'm a Canadian, no matter my parochial location.
humans were created in their own image