News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

The Friday Meet and Greet is not really convenient for me; but I'm open for the Saturday All-Day Event.  :)

I'll prolly take the Go Train from the 'Shwa, where I live. It arrives at Union at 37 minutes past every hour. So if you guys can work out some kind of itinerary for Saturday, I can probably come up. I've never been to the AGO.

we should probably exchange some cell numbers closer to the event.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 06, 2009, 02:51:23 PM
So I think I'll have to delay, as I don't have a passport or "enhanced" license. <_<

You have a little less then 2 weeks. Hurry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Quote from: HVC on July 06, 2009, 03:48:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 06, 2009, 02:11:59 PM
Will Mrs. Malthus want to join us when we go out for a drink?  And someone should then poke HVC and Josephus.

I now work 7- 3 on fridays so i can get back into toronto, shower, and meet up with you guys at the station.
its good we have a greeter. :)
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: Josephus on July 06, 2009, 04:29:01 PM
So if you guys can work out some kind of itinerary for Saturday, I can probably come up. I've never been to the AGO.

we should probably exchange some cell numbers closer to the event.

I'll pm everyone my cell. or you can goto my facebook page ... 'cause it's there.

I think the new AGO is a good idea, as none of us have been there. so there's architecture and ... art.

so, just speaking theoretically, all the rest of us meet you at Union on Saturday at 11 am, then we have a mini deathmarch to the AGO, grok art, then hike some more, then find a patio, eat dinner, have more drinks and stuff.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

So, HVC & Malthus are meeting me & then we wait for BB & at some point Sask will join up?

Sophie Scholl

Hitting the DMV in the morning to see if I can manage to swing an enhanced license by the travel date.  Is it easier to travel to Toronto via train or car?  I'll be coming by way of Buffalo I presume.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on July 06, 2009, 10:24:55 PM
Hitting the DMV in the morning to see if I can manage to swing an enhanced license by the travel date.  Is it easier to travel to Toronto via train or car?  I'll be coming by way of Buffalo I presume.

Excellent...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Somebody better be kicking someone in the nuts or I won't be pleased!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

enhanced license? wtf does that mean?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on July 07, 2009, 03:57:42 AM

enhanced license? wtf does that mean?

It's the alternative to having a passport when entering the US by land thru the Canadian Border but I guess the Yukon/Alaska border guards don't really care about that.

It's really just a regular licence with an RFID chip.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/eng_map.html

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 06, 2009, 08:44:27 PM
So, HVC & Malthus are meeting me & then we wait for BB & at some point Sask will join up?

yeah. then we all meet Joe on Saturday. we'll figure out Benny once his government decides he is secure enough to travel.

after all, all of America's neighbours are foreign countries. who knew?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 06, 2009, 08:44:27 PM
then we wait for BB

Dont make the same mistake I made.  I kept looking for a crown prosecutor type wearing kakhis.  I saw a crown prosecutor type wearing jeans but immediately dismissed that person as a possibility.  But in fact it was BB in disguise.

HVC

If BB isn't wearing pleated pants i'll be very dissappointed :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox