Calling the Languish Toronto mob

Started by Barrister, June 15, 2009, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Baseball!
HHOF!
Meeting Me!
Cn Tower!

It's the Just For Laugh Festival from July 15th to 19th in TO.

There's something called the "AGO"
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 18, 2009, 09:41:30 AM
Which of Toronto's Train station should I arrive? Union Station?

yeah. right downtown.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 18, 2009, 11:46:56 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 18, 2009, 11:34:40 AM
When you guys arrive, drop by my place if you like. It is easy to get to if you want to TTC it, as I'm half a block from a subway station (Royal York).

Or conversely we could meet up downtown for drinks and stuff first. Your call. I work right downtown so that is no trouble for me.

Will you still be downtown at 8pm on a Friday?

At some point HVC & Sask should mention what they want/plan to do

I think BB's train will come in around 6.

we could meet BB, then you, in sequence downtown, have drinks, and plot for Saturday activities.

I wouldn't mind seeing the new AGO. CN tower is a scam and baseball is for americans.

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2009, 10:49:22 AM
And any suggestions on getting from London to Toronto?

Am I stuck Greyhounding it?

checking VIA, there are three trains to Toronto daily, and about a dozen busses. both about the same travel time, bus is cheaper, train is nicer.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

There's 6 trains

Arrives at : 11:29, 15:24, 16:41, 20:41, 21:47 & 23:33.

Berkie : Art Gallery of Ontario.

saskganesh

Malthus

Sounds like Sask has a plan.  :) I'd love to see the AGO myself.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Is the AGO covered by cultural content laws? :P

saskganesh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 18, 2009, 04:35:56 PM
Is the AGO covered by cultural content laws? :P

oh ya. no Iowan folk art is allowed.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2009, 11:49:42 AM
I propose dinner on Saturday. Doesn't have to be the only thing the Languishites do together of course.

I am still probably only 25% in any case, but if I am going to talk the wife into going I need to present a firm plan for why, rather than "well, maybe there might be some people we could meet at midnight friday..."

Anyone have any good ideas for shows or anything to use to entice her to make the trip?

I'm all over dinner on Saturday night.

I'll definitely be in on Friday, but I need to find out when exactly this conference ends so I can get an idea when I can make it to TO.  I'll arrive in TO with suitcase/backpack, so I'd prefer to not immediately go barhopping or whatever right after the bus/train.

If we're doing cultural stuff (which is good by me) what about the ROM? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2009, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 18, 2009, 11:49:42 AM
I propose dinner on Saturday. Doesn't have to be the only thing the Languishites do together of course.

I am still probably only 25% in any case, but if I am going to talk the wife into going I need to present a firm plan for why, rather than "well, maybe there might be some people we could meet at midnight friday..."

Anyone have any good ideas for shows or anything to use to entice her to make the trip?

I'm all over dinner on Saturday night.

I'll definitely be in on Friday, but I need to find out when exactly this conference ends so I can get an idea when I can make it to TO.  I'll arrive in TO with suitcase/backpack, so I'd prefer to not immediately go barhopping or whatever right after the bus/train.

If we're doing cultural stuff (which is good by me) what about the ROM? :unsure:

ROM is fine by me, too.

Another plan, if you are comming in with bags etc., is to drop em off at my place and then go for dinner/drinks in my neighbourhood - lots of places to do that very nearby.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

I'm a natural born follower, so i shall go with the flow :p

Just keep in mind i don't have a lawyers salary :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

ROM has Half Price Friday Nights.

Of the train time I posted whats better for you guys ? (Mainly Sask & Malthus).

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2009, 08:46:22 AM
I'm a natural born follower, so i shall go with the flow :p

Just keep in mind i don't have a lawyers salary :lol:

Hey don't worry about the cost, my treat for stuff like drinks, dinners and admissions. Within reason.  :lol: