So what do you make of that woman in New York video

Started by Josquius, October 30, 2014, 01:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 31, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2014, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 31, 2014, 10:59:48 AM
So basically if I'd been born a gorgeous woman, I'd have been happy.  Called it.

Ide, it is not external factors that make you unhappy, it's your habit of self-pity.

I guess he figures it'd be hard to pity himself with the constant external validation.

:)

QuoteBesides, women get older too.

Truly. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2014, 11:14:27 AM
Black dudes love big girls.  It's a match made in heaven.

The brothers are really big on the whole impregnation and breeding thing, too.  But it's not overtly hostile enough to be considered getting back at Whitey so it must be something tribal, like how wealth is measured by the amount of children or something.

Weird, weird stuff.

Jacob

I guess he figures it'd be hard to pity himself with the constant external validation. I think he's probably wrong. Besides, women get older too.

Yeah, that's what he figures but the world has plenty of fucked up, unhappy, pretty rich kids. Just because a bunch of people want to fuck you doesn't mean you're going to be happy. It's been amply illustrated that plenty of people have serious issues that they're willing to take out on the people they want to and/or do fuck.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2014, 11:13:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2014, 10:58:11 AM
I don't see the problem with ogling.

As long as one is discreet about it, I don't either.

If you are being discrete it is not really ogling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2014, 11:21:09 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2014, 11:14:27 AM
Black dudes love big girls.  It's a match made in heaven.

The brothers are really big on the whole impregnation and breeding thing, too.  But it's not overtly hostile enough to be considered getting back at Whitey so it must be something tribal, like how wealth is measured by the amount of children or something.

Weird, weird stuff.

Which is unfortunate given how having lots of kids generally indicates you are going to be paying out all your wealth in child support.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2014, 11:24:10 AM
Which is unfortunate given how having lots of kids generally indicates you are going to be paying out all your wealth in child support.

Lulz, like that ever gets paid.

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2014, 11:21:43 AM
I guess he figures it'd be hard to pity himself with the constant external validation. I think he's probably wrong. Besides, women get older too.

Yeah, that's what he figures but the world has plenty of fucked up, unhappy, pretty rich kids. Just because a bunch of people want to fuck you doesn't mean you're going to be happy. It's been amply illustrated that plenty of people have serious issues that they're willing to take out on the people they want to and/or do fuck.

Sure, everybody hurts, sometimes.

Anyway, I'm being glib.  Street harassment (when it rises to level of harassment) is shitty.

Also, I've been to gay bars and it's validating for like ten minutes and fucking obnoxious for the next three hours.  Admittedly, the validation is invalid when it's coming from someone you're constitutionally not interested in.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2014, 11:15:57 AM
I very much enjoy looking at and appreciating nice looking girls, so we're coming from the same place.

That said, it's been communicated to me that in many cases nice looking girls feign appreciation at attention from strangers because they've had enough bad experiences from not doing so, that feigning appreciation seems safer. Apparently, sometimes what starts out as appreciation very quickly turns into threats of violence and rape if the appreciator is dissatisfied with the response. I believe both of the videos linked in this thread illustrates that process.

It kind of sucks.

I think the line is generally crossed when you open your mouth.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2014, 11:25:44 AM
:lol:  Good one, Valmy.

I know I need to stop presuming people are going to do the right thing.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 31, 2014, 11:27:19 AM
Also, I've been to gay bars and it's validating for like ten minutes and fucking obnoxious for the next three hours.  Admittedly, the validation is invalid when it's coming from someone you're constitutionally not interested in.

You skinny ones certainly get the whistles.  Don't want to be bothered by gays, take a chapter out of my book, "Stout Like Me".   :P

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2014, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 31, 2014, 08:44:38 AM
She should move to London where no strangers will talk to her ever.

I so love societies like this. Feelings are meant to be repressed and/or let out in an occassional outburst, not shared.

In all fairness though, it seems the occasional outburst in the UK is every weekend where it is apparently mandatory to scream loudly on the street when you are drunk. And then drink until you pass out on said street, because otherwise you are a social outcast.

:yes:
http://thyra10.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/so-you-want-to-date-a-scandinavian/
(Brits and Scandinavians have more in common than is realised).
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2014, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 31, 2014, 08:44:38 AM
She should move to London where no strangers will talk to her ever.

I so love societies like this. Feelings are meant to be repressed and/or let out in an occassional outburst, not shared.

In all fairness though, it seems the occasional outburst in the UK is every weekend where it is apparently mandatory to scream loudly on the street when you are drunk. And then drink until you pass out on said street, because otherwise you are a social outcast.

Then you would prefer Toronto.

Even when drunk, we still act repressed.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2014, 12:14:18 PM
http://thyra10.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/so-you-want-to-date-a-scandinavian/
(Brits and Scandinavians have more in common than is realised).

Pretty accurate. But I don't see how this difference in culture is meant to be the reason for catcalls. If you walk in the wrong neighbourhoods in Copenhagen there'll be douchebags yelling inappropriate or threatening things too, of course there's not nearly as many people here so it'll probably take longer to get to a 100 but it'll come.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on October 31, 2014, 12:16:00 PM
Then you would prefer Toronto.

Even when drunk, we still act repressed.  :D

Or maybe you just don't go to the louder parts of town.  :hmm:

Course this whole thing is really odd to me. Nobody talks to each other traveling down the street and if they tried, nobody would hear them. The windows get in the way.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?