So what do you make of that woman in New York video

Started by Josquius, October 30, 2014, 01:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I'd like to hear from a person who has done a catcall. Why did you do it? What's the purpose?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 31, 2014, 03:19:51 PM
I'd like to hear from a person who has done a catcall. Why did you do it? What's the purpose?

I knew a guy in university who did it all the time.  He did it because it was sometimes successful.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 31, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

I knew a guy in university who did it all the time.  He did it because it was sometimes successful.

I guess I feel a little differently about it if you are actually trying to get with the women in question.  But I think that is a minority of cat callers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on October 31, 2014, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 31, 2014, 08:44:38 AM
She should move to London where no strangers will talk to her ever.

I so love societies like this. Feelings are meant to be repressed and/or let out in an occassional outburst, not shared.

In all fairness though, it seems the occasional outburst in the UK is every weekend where it is apparently mandatory to scream loudly on the street when you are drunk. And then drink until you pass out on said street, because otherwise you are a social outcast.
Just like Korea! :w00t:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 31, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

:bleeding:  Like I've said before, women can help themselves by not responding favorably to crap like this.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Rasputin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2014, 09:06:15 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 30, 2014, 09:00:16 PM
For the record, she is a hottie, and I would certainly admire her in passing.  But I'm not the "hey baby, 'sup?" type.  :sleep:

I  Act like you've been in the end zone before, and hand the ball to the ref.  No need to spike it and dance like an idiot.

qft

and assume the close... right after you ask the waiter for the check turn to your date and say "I trust you have plenty of lube as I dont want to take a pregnancy risk on the first date."
Who is John Galt?

Martinus

"3 hours of walking in New York as a homosexual" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6-ZYSZoDM

Still can't decide if it is a parody or serious.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2014, 10:36:48 AM

I guess it would be "devastating" if that's what homosexuals in NYC had to go through daily. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2014, 10:40:38 AM

I guess it would be "devastating" if that's what homosexuals in NYC had to go through daily. :hmm:

It would be even more devastating if that is what homosexuals in NYC looked like.

CountDeMoney

LOL "What the fuck is your problem, man?"

In New York, that's not limited to gays.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2014, 10:41:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2014, 10:40:38 AM

It would be even more devastating if that is what homosexuals in NYC looked like.

Well, some certainly do. We're a pretty wide community and maybe it would behoove you to be a little more tolerant? :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.