Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

What is the difference in likelihood between a woman passed out at a frat house being raped and a man passed out in a frat house being robbed?

derspiess

Quote from: frunk on June 04, 2014, 11:32:22 AM
and a man passed out in a frat house being robbed?

Or have hilarious and embarrassing pictures taken of him.  Not that I have any knowledge of such incidents.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

Or have hilarious and embarrassing pictures taken of him.  Not that I have any knowledge of such incidents.

I'm assuming that's almost guaranteed, and not criminal.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2014, 11:21:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2014, 11:14:50 AM
I fingerbanged a total stranger chick at the Chemlab/White Zombie show in '94.  Just had to throw that out there.

Did you ask for and receive explicit permission first?  And did you have her sign a release or anything?

Anyway that was a fun year, back when Rob Zombie was still cool.

Sinking her teeth into my shoulder to muffle her orgasm while trying to stay upright implied consent.  There's actual legal precedent for that, you know.

But yeah, Zombie went all fucking Gwar with the horror schtick after that. Bor-ring.

Barrister

What is the difference in likelihood between a woman passed out at a frat house being raped and a man passed out in a frat house being robbed?

Well taking money from a passed out individual is theft, not robbery.

And the difference between rape and theft should be pretty obvious.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2014, 12:24:16 PM

"difference in the likelihood" :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

frunk

I didn't fully understand the distinction, thanks.

As Meri said, which one is more likely to happen, not that I can't tell the difference between the two.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2014, 11:21:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2014, 11:14:50 AM
I fingerbanged a total stranger chick at the Chemlab/White Zombie show in '94.  Just had to throw that out there.

Did you ask for and receive explicit permission first?  And did you have her sign a release or anything?

Anyway that was a fun year, back when Rob Zombie was still cool.

Well that settles it.  If we get a time machine we set it back to 1994.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Is that correct?  My recollection is that robbery doesn't require an assault and battery, only a battery.  Then again, you're the one who prosecutes such things.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on June 04, 2014, 12:53:35 PM

Is that correct?  My recollection is that robbery doesn't require an assault and battery, only a battery.  Then again, you're the one who prosecutes such things.

May be difference useage in the US, but a quick googling seems to indicate I am right.

Robbery is taking property by violence or threats of violence.  I was actually just dealing with a file where the Accuseds were charged with one count of theft (for rummaging through a passed out drunk's belongings at a LRT stop) and one count of robbery (for threatening someone to give them their cell phone and money).

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2014, 12:49:24 PM
1991 would be better, and then we can ramp up accordingly.

1991 was fun.  I graduated high school and started college that year.  But then I was still in West Virginia.  Started at Delaware in 1994, so 1994 still wins in my book.  But there was not a bad year in the 90s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

1991.  High school.  Blech.  No thanks.

Plus having to re-live the Meech Lake / Charlottetown Accords drama?  Yech.