Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2014, 01:24:06 PM
Enjoy it, Foreskins. It'll be 2051 before you see one again.

I hope so.  I would have a chance to live long enough to see it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2014, 12:58:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 04, 2014, 12:53:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2014, 12:24:16 PM
Quote from: frunk on June 04, 2014, 11:32:22 AM
What is the difference in likelihood between a woman passed out at a frat house being raped and a man passed out in a frat house being robbed?

Well taking money from a passed out individual is theft, not robbery.

Is that correct?  My recollection is that robbery doesn't require an assault and battery, only a battery.  Then again, you're the one who prosecutes such things.

May be difference useage in the US, but a quick googling seems to indicate I am right.

Robbery is taking property by violence or threats of violence.  I was actually just dealing with a file where the Accuseds were charged with one count of theft (for rummaging through a passed out drunk's belongings at a LRT stop) and one count of robbery (for threatening someone to give them their cell phone and money).

Looking at SC and NC, statutes tend to leave it defined as under the common law, and my understanding of that is that it requires force or threat of force.  Rifling through someone's pockets is force.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 04, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 04, 2014, 12:47:46 AM
Quite the nice little package there in purple. :wub:

No shit, right? 

But for all the fashion faux pas women accuse men of committing, it never ceases to amaze me how many manatees think they could actually fit into something like that, think it looks good, and wear it out in public.

THATS NO MOON THATS A MUFFINTOP

#YesAllWomen
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

:lol: What the hell was the #yesallwomen thing anyway?  It was all over twitter a week or so ago.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2014, 02:00:32 PM
:lol: What the hell was the #yesallwomen thing anyway?  It was all over twitter a week or so ago.

Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2014, 09:58:04 PM

There are worldwide movements meant to bring on these kinds of discussions. Movements like #YesAllWoman, which means that yes, all women have been harassed or sexually demeaned at some point in their lives because of their gender. There is not a single woman that I have met who hasn't had to adjust something she's done to protect herself simply because she's female. Something that a man wouldn't even think about, but all women have to, like never walking away from a drink at the bar and then coming back to it.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2014, 02:00:32 PM

Chicks making the Elliot Rodger rampage all about themselves because 2 of his six victims were women. Resulted in quite a bit of attention-whoring on social media as you'd expect.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on June 04, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
Chicks making the Elliot Rodger rampage all about themselves because 2 of his six victims were women. Resulted in quite a bit of attention-whoring on social media as you'd expect.

Have they at least realized that there were 4 guys killed?  When it all happened, it seemed to be mis-reported and then repeated over & over on Twitter, Facebook, etc. that all 6 victims were women.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2014, 04:33:48 PM
Have they at least realized that there were 4 guys killed?

Well he did declare he was going to shoot women for not giving him the sex he was entitled to and then he shot down four men.  I can only assume his mental illness made it difficult to determine gender at a distance.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess