Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Siege will just have to mark this band off his list.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/06/02/singer-of-rock-group-staind-stops-concert-to-demand-audience-members-stop-molesting-teen-crowd-surfer/

QuoteStaind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop 'molesting' teen crowd-surfer

Aaron Lewis, the lead singer of Staind, stopped performing and berated several concertgoers for allegedly groping an underage girl while she surfed the crowd.

"Ok, listen up, you a–holes," Lewis began, interrupting the song Something to Remind You during the group's performance at the Rockfest festival in Kansas City. "That f–king girl right there is like 15 f–king years old, and you f–king pieces of s–t are molesting her while she's on the f–king crowd."

The singer, who suggested that the individuals who were apparently touching the young concertgoer inappropriately should all be "beaten down by everyone around you for being f–king pieces of s–t."

"If I f–king see that s–t again, I swear to god I will point you out in the crowd and have everyone around you beat your f–king ass," he said, cuing up guitarist Mike Mushok. "Now, girls, feel free to crowd-surf safely."

Staind, which formed in 1994, attained widespread success in 2000 with the release of their album Break The Cycle, whose single, It's Been Awhile, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.

Watch Lewis' May 31 rant below
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

It must be quite difficult to not accidentally touch a young woman inappropriately in such a melee.

I think it would be best to ban underage, if not all women from the activity, if there's the risk of anonymous intentional sexual molestation or just accidental touching they're not happy with. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2014, 08:18:59 AM
Why did you remove your post, Ed?

Staind is the kind of faggit rock Ed listens to, no wonder he's ashamed, left his purity ring at the last Silverchair show.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on June 03, 2014, 08:27:33 AM
It must be quite difficult to not accidentally touch a young woman inappropriately in such a melee.

I was thinking that as well.  I guess the safest thing to do is not touch her at all and let her fall on the floor when she is headed your way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

That's true, but one would assume he's seen lots of crowd surfing in the years he's been performing, yet this time whatever happened was different enough from what he's seen before to make him react.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

For all we know the girls was cursing him for wrecking her fun.

I'll stay out of it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 03, 2014, 10:02:15 AM
For all we know the girls was cursing him for wrecking her fun.

I'll stay out of it.

Doesn't matter.  Underage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2014, 09:37:39 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 03, 2014, 08:27:33 AM

I was thinking that as well.  I guess the safest thing to do is not touch her at all and let her fall on the floor when she is headed your way.

There is a pretty dramatic difference between accidentally touching somebody and groping them.