Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:17:11 AM
It wasn't a fight.  But turn the tables & let's say an 18 year old male punched a 13 year old female in the genital area-- after he had sex in front of her on a school bus.  There'd be hell to pay.

Would there be?  I mean this girl is basically the whore of the century according to the comment section of that article and this thing did go to trial.  Sounds like she is pretty fucked to me.

No.  She worked out a plea bargain where the charges were reduced to physical harassment or somesuch, all fines waived, plus apparently they aren't releasing her name.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:21:40 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
The Congolese war zone rape statistics cooked up by hystericals are amusing. It would mean that millions upon millions of American women were forcibly raped every year. If 1 in 4 or 5 of women were raped there is no way in hell that women could even go to the grocery store without risking a major assault. Male guardians would be essential for every female social interaction with the outside world, no matter how brief or innocuous.

It's a bald-faced preposterous lie and a calumny against men

It does seem a bit high.  Makes me feel almost like I've lived in a bubble since I'm very unfamiliar personally with any cases of rape.

Not entirely true. You know me, and I'm a victim of rape (twice, actually).

And given the way women are treated after a rape - especially date-rape - you think women trot that out as a topic of conversation? I was well into my 30s before I admitted that I'd been raped when I was 16 and 20. It took me that long to realize that it wasn't actually my fault that it had happened.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:21:40 AM
It does seem a bit high.  Makes me feel almost like I've lived in a bubble since I'm very unfamiliar personally with any cases of rape.

Rape has a history in my family.  My Great-Aunt was raped at the University of Oklahoma in the 20s, an event that devastated the family for decades (she died shortly afterwards due to other reasons, Bright's disease that great killer of young women in the good old days, but the death and the rape were always connected in the mind of my poor Great-Grandmother who took it as God's judgement).  My wife was raped by Zoomies in Colorado.  The Air Force of course heroically rose to the occasion and did jack and shit about it.  For the most part though the women have just had to put up with occasional harassment and nonsense, but nothing serious....as far as I know I have not gone around quizzing them all about it.  So...cousin Anna...been raped before?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 09:03:56 AM
According to the same survey, 1 in 20 men were "made to penetrate someone else".  This was really surprising to me. Seems there are monsters on both sides of the equation.  :hmm:

Dude I knew a kid whose mother made him have sex with her on a regular basis and would guilt him into it.  Weird shit.

But also keep in mind male-on-male rape is absurdly high in the US, I think largely because of our prison system and its culture.

There is a seperate - and much lower - statistic for men who claimed to have been raped. That would I think account for the vast majority of male-on-male rape.

This statistic is for men who were forced to do the "penetrating".

Most prision rape, or even male-on-male rape, would not I imagine take the form of "penetrate me now, or else".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 05, 2014, 09:28:44 AM
Shit, I feel like a heel now after trying my weak trolls.

I've shared my stories before, Ed., and given that your trolls were so weak, it's not a big deal. ;) :hug:

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:27:07 AM
No.  She worked out a plea bargain where the charges were reduced to physical harassment or somesuch, all fines waived, plus apparently they aren't releasing her name.

Everybody in that community knows who she is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 09:29:19 AM

There is a seperate - and much lower - statistic for men who claimed to have been raped. That would I think account for the vast majority of male-on-male rape.

Most prision rape, or even male-on-male rape, would not I imagine take the form of "penetrate me now, or else".

I don't know enough about male rape to have an opinion on this, despite having tried to look into it before. Rape of men is the most under-reported crime out there, as I recall.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:27:29 AM

Yeah, but I only really know you through here and Facebook and you're the only one.  So I'd still say I'm personally very unfamiliar.

QuoteAnd given the way women are treated after a rape - especially date-rape - you think women trot that out as a topic of conversation? I was well into my 30s before I admitted that I'd been raped when I was 16 and 20. It took me that long to realize that it wasn't actually my fault that it had happened.

Well obviously it's not something most people throw out there.  But on the other hand when things like that happen, there's usually some gossip & whatnot.  And Lord knows from having mostly female co-workers my entire career I've heard a shit-ton of gossip on all sorts of topics.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:33:27 AM

I don't know enough about male rape to have an opinion on this, despite having tried to look into it before. Rape of men is the most under-reported crime out there, as I recall.

I'd have to read the full survey. It strikes me as odd that they have different categories for "rape" (aprox. 1.4%) and "being made to penetrate someone else" (Aprox. 5%). Is the latter a rape or not? I have no idea. It sounds like it, though. So for men, there is 'rape-rape' (which I assume means being penetrated against one's will) and this other category.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
The Congolese war zone rape statistics cooked up by hystericals are amusing. It would mean that millions upon millions of American women were forcibly raped every year. If 1 in 4 or 5 of women were raped there is no way in hell that women could even go to the grocery store without risking a major assault. Male guardians would be essential for every female social interaction with the outside world, no matter how brief or innocuous.

It's a bald-faced preposterous lie and a calumny against men

So lets see - the CDC does a comprehensive study, but going by gut feel alone you can tell it's a "bald-faced preposterous lie".

Remember those stats are over a lifetime.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:27:29 AM

Yeah, but I only really know you through here and Facebook and you're the only one.  So I'd still say I'm personally very unfamiliar.

QuoteAnd given the way women are treated after a rape - especially date-rape - you think women trot that out as a topic of conversation? I was well into my 30s before I admitted that I'd been raped when I was 16 and 20. It took me that long to realize that it wasn't actually my fault that it had happened.

Well obviously it's not something most people throw out there.  But on the other hand when things like that happen, there's usually some gossip & whatnot.  And Lord knows from having mostly female co-workers my entire career I've heard a shit-ton of gossip on all sorts of topics.

No, being raped is not something people typically gossip about.  If they don't report it to the police they certainly aren't going to tell their neighbour in the next cubicle.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 09:43:19 AM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:33:27 AM

I'd have to read the full survey. It strikes me as odd that they have different categories for "rape" (aprox. 1.4%) and "being made to penetrate someone else" (Aprox. 5%). Is the latter a rape or not? I have no idea. It sounds like it, though. So for men, there is 'rape-rape' (which I assume means being penetrated against one's will) and this other category.

Probably if every catcall on the street, every drunk grope, every morning after regret was classified as sexual assault they're able to massage the statistics up to 1 in 5.

But to suggest 1 in every 5 women is dragged into the bushes, jesus give me a break.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Right supposedly we have, what, 90,000 rapes a year?  Over 80 years that is 7.2 million and fall disproportionally on the female side of the population.  So no surprise then that 18% to 20% of women have been raped.  I mean that still means 80% haven't.  Not exactly a rape every time  somebody goes to the convenient store.