Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:01:32 AM
I notice Meri is not particularly outraged by the adult female hitting the male child in his genital area and getting away with a slap on the wrist in the link I posted.

White males.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I notice Meri is not particularly outraged by the adult female hitting the male child in his genital area and getting away with a slap on the wrist in the link I posted.

I personally am unclear why a 13 year old is on a bus with 18 year olds in the first place.  Maybe he skipped a grade.  What would be an appropriate punishment for a fight between students in a school?  Death?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

The Congolese war zone rape statistics cooked up by hystericals are amusing. It would mean that millions upon millions of American women were forcibly raped every year. If 1 in 4 or 5 of women were raped there is no way in hell that women could even go to the grocery store without risking a major assault. Male guardians would be essential for every female social interaction with the outside world, no matter how brief or innocuous.

It's a bald-faced preposterous lie and a calumny against men
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

merithyn

I haven't been "particularly outraged" by any of this. If I were "particularly outraged" by all of it, I would never not be "particularly outraged".

What, exactly, would you have liked my response to that to be? "Put the girl in the clink for 20 years, goddamn it! She has clearly sexually assaulted a child!"?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 09:03:56 AM
According to the same survey, 1 in 20 men were "made to penetrate someone else".  This was really surprising to me. Seems there are monsters on both sides of the equation.  :hmm:

Dude I knew a kid whose mother made him have sex with her on a regular basis and would guilt him into it.  Weird shit.

But also keep in mind male-on-male rape is absurdly high in the US, I think largely because of our prison system and its culture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 09:07:19 AM
I personally am unclear why a 13 year old is on a bus with 18 year olds in the first place.  Maybe he skipped a grade. 

Beats the hell out of me.

QuoteWhat would be an appropriate punishment for a fight between students in a school?  Death?

It wasn't a fight.  But turn the tables & let's say an 18 year old male punched a 13 year old female in the genital area-- after he had sex in front of her on a school bus.  There'd be hell to pay.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:13:24 AM

I haven't been "particularly outraged" by any of this. If I were "particularly outraged" by all of it, I would never not be "particularly outraged".

What, exactly, would you have liked my response to that to be? "Put the girl in the clink for 20 years, goddamn it! She has clearly sexually assaulted a child!"?

I was just yanking your chain.  Mostly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:17:56 AM
Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:13:24 AM

I was just yanking your chain.  Mostly.

Sounds like Misogyny to me, white male.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 09:07:19 AM
I personally am unclear why a 13 year old is on a bus with 18 year olds in the first place.  Maybe he skipped a grade.  What would be an appropriate punishment for a fight between students in a school?  Death?

Our Junior High/High School (7-12, ages 13-18) was effectively one building.   Technically it was two buildings but they were attached and had shared cafeteria/auditorium/music room etc.  The same school bus would take all of us.

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2014, 09:03:56 AM
According to the same survey, 1 in 20 men were "made to penetrate someone else".  This was really surprising to me. Seems there are monsters on both sides of the equation.  :hmm:

Assuming their partners were women.

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
The Congolese war zone rape statistics cooked up by hystericals are amusing. It would mean that millions upon millions of American women were forcibly raped every year. If 1 in 4 or 5 of women were raped there is no way in hell that women could even go to the grocery store without risking a major assault. Male guardians would be essential for every female social interaction with the outside world, no matter how brief or innocuous.

Interesting stats on that doc for a "bald-face preposterous lie":

Quote•    During 2004-2006,   an estimated 105,187 females and   6,526 males aged 10-24 years received medical care in U.S. emergency departments as a result   of nonfatal injuries sustained from a sexual assault.
•    Rape results in about 32,000 pregnancies each year.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:17:11 AM
It wasn't a fight.  But turn the tables & let's say an 18 year old male punched a 13 year old female in the genital area-- after he had sex in front of her on a school bus.  There'd be hell to pay.

Would there be?  I mean this girl is basically the whore of the century according to the comment section of that article and this thing did go to trial.  Sounds like she is pretty fucked to me.

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2014, 09:09:30 AM

It does seem a bit high.  Makes me feel almost like I've lived in a bubble since I'm very unfamiliar personally with any cases of rape.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 05, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
Assuming their partners were women.

Well 1% (and rising!  Wahoo!) of all rapists are women.  But some of those would surely be woman-on-woman.  The also have prison as well naturally.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:17:11 AM

Not from me, if the circumstances were the same. I'd probably be put out that an 18-year-old boy would hit a 13-year-old anyone, but especially a girl, because of the difference in strength. That's probably not the case for an 18-year-old girl and a 13-year old boy, however. (I could be wrong on this individual, but in general that's probably the case.)

But under the circumstances, I'd do the exact same thing as I did when I read the article the first time: roll my eyes and grumble about "kids these days".

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 09:21:40 AMIt does seem a bit high.  Makes me feel almost like I've lived in a bubble since I'm very unfamiliar personally with any cases of rape.

It dosen't pass the smell test.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.