News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

From that live blog, someone is saying he's fled to Kharkov. 

Also says an opposition self-defense squad traded fire with a busload of Berkut guys after the bus refused to stop at a checkpoint.  I was hoping things would settle down a bit but the opposition still seems a bit pissed off.  Hope they don't try to overplay whatever hand they have.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 21, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 21, 2014, 12:23:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Monument_of_the_SS-Galicia_in_Lviv_Ukraine.jpg

Charming!

So

It should be a giant white on black wargame counter. With an outrageously high attack value.

Not to start an unnecessary shitstorm, but wasn't the Galician division a little different from other Waffen SS units?  I thought they were a bit less politicized maybe not quite as brutal as others.  Also IIRC they were more or less conscripts rather than volunteers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

What exactly has the opposition so intensely pissed off?  I mean this is 1789 France sort of visceral rage here.  It usually takes a lot to get the common people out committing acts of political violence instead of watching reality shows and stuff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

First opposition leader to calm the mob wins.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 05:10:37 PM
What exactly has the opposition so intensely pissed off?  I mean this is 1789 France sort of visceral rage here.  It usually takes a lot to get the common people out committing acts of political violence instead of watching reality shows and stuff.

It does seem like a lot of them are skinhead hooligan types.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 21, 2014, 05:10:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 21, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 21, 2014, 12:23:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Monument_of_the_SS-Galicia_in_Lviv_Ukraine.jpg

Charming!

So

It should be a giant white on black wargame counter. With an outrageously high attack value.

Not to start an unnecessary shitstorm, but wasn't the Galician division a little different from other Waffen SS units?  I thought they were a bit less politicized maybe not quite as brutal as others.  Also IIRC they were more or less conscripts rather than volunteers.

IIRC, it was one of those late-ish in the war SS divisions that was only good for shooting partisans.

I need to get out my books on the SS divisions to see exactly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 05:10:37 PM
You don't think it's a natural reaction to hundreds of protesters being gunned down?

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Research for your re-enactment group?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Research for your re-enactment group?

Yes, owning books on the SS means I'm clearly pro- SS.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:19:37 PM
Yes, owning books on the SS means I'm clearly pro- SS.

Hey it is history, not hate.

Ed Anger

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:19:37 PMYes, owning books on the SS means I'm clearly pro- SS.

That's not why we think you're pro-SS :hug:

Ed Anger

It's the master white race stuff, isn't it?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.