Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 21, 2014, 05:10:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 05:04:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 21, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 21, 2014, 12:23:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Monument_of_the_SS-Galicia_in_Lviv_Ukraine.jpg

Charming!

So

It should be a giant white on black wargame counter. With an outrageously high attack value.

Not to start an unnecessary shitstorm, but wasn't the Galician division a little different from other Waffen SS units?  I thought they were a bit less politicized maybe not quite as brutal as others.  Also IIRC they were more or less conscripts rather than volunteers.

IIRC, it was one of those late-ish in the war SS divisions that was only good for shooting partisans.

I need to get out my books on the SS divisions to see exactly.

off the top of the head: late war and was destroyed at Brody.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Okay, so the plane allegedly taking Yanu to Kharkov is actually headed for... Sochi???
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grinning_Colossus

That happened to me once. Wanted to go to Grand Junction, the guy on the tarmac pointed at the wrong plane, ended up in Texas.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Admiral Yi

I thought he already was in Kharkov.

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on February 21, 2014, 06:02:51 PM
Okay, so the plane allegedly taking Yanu to Kharkov is actually headed for... Sochi???

Ukraine just got a gold at something...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on February 21, 2014, 11:21:32 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 21, 2014, 11:12:55 AM

Why is it in English?

And since when has purple replaced blue ink as the ink of diplomatic record?  What are they, Japanese school girls?

Ed Anger

I'm shocked the Polack could write his own name, let alone sign in the proper spot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 21, 2014, 10:22:38 PM
I'm shocked the Polack could write his own name, let alone sign in the proper spot.

Nwow, nwow.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2014, 09:38:58 AM
A 21 years old girl who was a volunteer medic also got shot and killed, managed to post "I am dying" on Twitter before it.

Thankfully, she was later upgraded to stable condition after undergoing surgery.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".