News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I've read a few people suggesting Tymoshenko may end up as a compromise candidate. Putin likes her and apparently she's acceptable in most of the country.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 23, 2014, 04:09:03 PM
I've read a few people suggesting Tymoshenko may end up as a compromise candidate. Putin likes her and apparently she's acceptable in most of the country.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 23, 2014, 04:09:03 PM

Of course he does....

Admiral Yi

Are those wax models?  :huh:

She looks like she's stoned out of her gourd.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 23, 2014, 04:32:13 PM
Are those wax models?  :huh:

She looks like she's stoned out of her gourd.
Maybe they both overbotoxed? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Botox shouldn't make you stare vacantly at Vlad the Impaler's left shoulder.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 23, 2014, 04:39:46 PM
Botox shouldn't make you stare vacantly at Vlad the Impaler's left shoulder.

She's just in shock over Putin grabbing her tit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Also seems like the journos are all moving East to cover protests like the Sevastopol ones for unification with Russia.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I like the Odessa protest where a protester apparently held a sign saying: "We're not EU's giraffe meat". :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Hopefully the partition will go better than India's.

Queequeg

I was thinking about this; there's a real irony to the western Ukraine believing itself to be more "authentically European" than  Russia when Petersburg and the North has always had the closest relationship with the West.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 23, 2014, 06:05:20 PM
Hopefully the partition will go better than India's.

It would preferable if the country not split up at all.  There is no iron rule that says ethnic Russians can't enjoy good government and a functioning economy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

I really, really hate the word "ethnic Russians" in this context. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on February 23, 2014, 08:44:08 PM
I really, really hate the word "ethnic Russians" in this context.

Considering how much of a Borat boner you get over all things ethnicky, one would think you'd be down widdat.

jimmy olsen

Holy shit! There's something not quite right with this guy :wacko:

Found on the border of the Prez's estate. I guess to warn birds away from the garden.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point