And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVN

Quote from: Faeelin on August 04, 2009, 07:18:59 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2009, 06:43:14 PM
O've seen people on the forum talk about Switzerland and Sweden joining the Allies for instance. I'm not sure...but that sort of takes the fun out of a WW2-era game. This is the same issue that existed in EU3 Vanilla, though, so I'm sure after months of saying "this is the way the game works, if you want history read a book", they'll release an XP that addresses this.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Actually, I want a Churchill smiley being crucified, since it's the only way to express my disgust at this if it's true.
There will already be a patch on the release day that will deal mostly with tweaks in the diplomatic part of the game. I'm too lazy to find the thread on pdox where this was announced by Johan.

Warspite

Quote from: BVN on August 05, 2009, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 12:59:24 AM
Huh.  The tutorial is presented to you by Adolf Hitler.  It reads very strangely.
No kidding. It's full of typo's and badly written English

<_<
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tamas

I so knew you guys were a bunch of HoItards :P

All this QQing based on some second hand info gathered off the paradox boards. :rolleyes:

Razgovory

The game is bit overwhelming and the map is extremely strange.  My home town is there which is nice.  Also Salem Missouri which has about 4 thousand people in it.  It's about 5 miles away from the town of Rolla which had 4 times as many (though in 1939 I don't know how many people lived there).  Strangely St. Louis (which is a decent sized City) is in the the "salem region".  You could easily get lost using this map.

I played a little bit but didn't know exactly how research or production worked and saw France over run West Germany.  Also for some reason some provinces have a different countries color added to them.  For instance parts of the US have Canada or Mexico's color scheme.  No idea why.  Game runs pretty slow but I'll be getting a new Video Card in a day or so.  That should help in that department.  Reminds me of Victoria's first release.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Surprisingly the demo runs fine on my older computer (1 gig of ram, 128mb video card).  It runs slowly but no problems.  It really is quite bewildering when you first start up.

BVN

Quote from: Warspite on August 05, 2009, 04:06:16 AM
Quote from: BVN on August 05, 2009, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 12:59:24 AM
Huh.  The tutorial is presented to you by Adolf Hitler.  It reads very strangely.
No kidding. It's full of typo's and badly written English

<_<
:blush:  :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: dps on August 05, 2009, 12:11:04 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 04, 2009, 04:54:51 PM
Runs ok on my quad-core, but the game has a blah feeling.

That makes it sound distressingly like a 20th Century version of EU:Rome.  :(

The feeling you get looking at the screen is, bleh. I need more bright colors.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

The world was still in black and white then.  Only the Pacific and parts of the US head become colorized at that time.  This was embarrising for the Soviets when they found out that many units of the Red Army were actually green.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 07:18:11 AM
The world was still in black and white then.  Only the Pacific and parts of the US head become colorized at that time.  This was embarrising for the Soviets when they found out that many units of the Red Army were actually green.
Nice.
PDH!

Razgovory

I thought it was a clever joke.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Faeelin

Also, apparently there was no Naval AI in the Beta?

MadBurgerMaker

It's too bad he never finished that AAR.  The suicide cavalry thing to Stalingrad was...different...

Quote from: Faeelin on August 05, 2009, 11:03:41 AM
Also, apparently there was no Naval AI in the Beta?

Apparently not.  It's in the demo though.

Syt

Poking about the demo some more I notice that (rural) Vienna is located to the North East of the Danube when the central city is located to the South West of it. Someone posted on their forums that Warsaw has a similar fate (north of the river instead of south of it).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

The map scale looks larger than HOI2. Along with many more regions, or "squares" for combat, the game looks quite larger and more intense.  I've been looking forward to it.