News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2009, 04:10:56 PM
Oddly, the "Demo - Negative Comments" thread (about 5 times the size of the positive comments thread) seems to have, uhm, vanished. :lol:

It's called "Questions and Help" now, which still doesn't fit the totally retarded "lol I'm at work, that's my complaint" and "lol can't play as Sweden" type dumbshit posts that are all throughout there.  Kinda lessens the impact of the legitimate problems.

Faeelin

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2009, 03:42:07 PM
Japan has none at all.
A thought occurs. Has anybody asked Paradox if they've managed to fix the Pacific War's conclusion, so we don't have to invade Japan, or does that struggle involving millions of people who aren't European not matter?

Ed Anger

Runs ok on my quad-core, but the game has a blah feeling.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Starting downloading.  Will have to take a look.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Weatherman

Reading the tech support thread makes for some good reading. One guy was complaining that the game wouldn't run on his 64 mb graphics card.

Josephus

I didn't have any issue with lagging or anything, though I only played for about "four days" before I realized I ahve to attempt to read the manual.
It's seems though that P'dox threw everything and the kitchen sink at this, instead of maybe perfecting half the stuff.

I've seen people on the forum talk about Switzerland and Sweden joining the Allies for instance. I'm not sure...but that sort of takes the fun out of a WW2-era game. This is the same issue that existed in EU3 Vanilla, though, so I'm sure after months of saying "this is the way the game works, if you want history read a book", they'll release an XP that addresses this.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Faeelin

Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2009, 06:43:14 PM
O've seen people on the forum talk about Switzerland and Sweden joining the Allies for instance. I'm not sure...but that sort of takes the fun out of a WW2-era game. This is the same issue that existed in EU3 Vanilla, though, so I'm sure after months of saying "this is the way the game works, if you want history read a book", they'll release an XP that addresses this.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Actually, I want a Churchill smiley being crucified, since it's the only way to express my disgust at this if it's true.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Faeelin on August 04, 2009, 07:18:59 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2009, 06:43:14 PM
O've seen people on the forum talk about Switzerland and Sweden joining the Allies for instance. I'm not sure...but that sort of takes the fun out of a WW2-era game. This is the same issue that existed in EU3 Vanilla, though, so I'm sure after months of saying "this is the way the game works, if you want history read a book", they'll release an XP that addresses this.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Actually, I want a Churchill smiley being crucified, since it's the only way to express my disgust at this if it's true.
Stop being such a drama queen, it's just a game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Faeelin

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 04, 2009, 08:34:33 PM
Stop being such a drama queen, it's just a game.

Meh, this means HOI3 is a huge step back from HOI2 and you know it.

Darth Wagtaros

Someone needs to start a thread over there asking for the slave labor to be factored into industrial strength and such.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 04, 2009, 04:54:51 PM
Runs ok on my quad-core, but the game has a blah feeling.

That makes it sound distressingly like a 20th Century version of EU:Rome.  :(

Syt

From the "Questions and Help" thread (my breakfast read today).

QuoteAs Britain I immediately try to do some damage by bombing the naval base at Wilhelmshaven and send in my carriers to do some CAG strikes and my tactical bombers. Now at first everything was fine they were attacking taking and doing damage then they just dissapeared off the map and my list of units. There was no indication as to why. I restarted and retried it again and same thing. My only thought was that their organization was low and they would stop the attacks and wait to get reorganized but then I watched them attack until the organization went to 0 then they dissapered.

In HoI2 you could set the minimum organization you want them to fight to before stopping but I cannot see that option in HoI3 so do we now have to manually cancel every single unit in the game when we go through every single on to check their organization ?

QuoteSome balance/event issues

-USSR automagically occupies baltic states and eastern poland after poland falls. No events, no wardec. In hoi2 you at least had the option to keep all of poland to yourself and force USSR into war with the baltic states.

-Italy always joins on when you declare a limited war on yugoslavia. I thought the purpose of limited wars was to keep the spoils to yourself?

-Italy attacks through southern france and ends up encircling the maginot line. wtf?

-France and UK mounting amphibious assaults on Kiel and Konigsberg. Repeadetly. Even though they're well defended. Even though their transports are being sunk.

-Battles with tens of thousands of soldiers that last for weeks, with no casualties on either side (mostly when blitzing holland and breaching the maginot line)

-Japan always attacks hong kong, even though they're not supposed to be at war with the UK for another two years

Quote- As UK, I declared war on Ireland on the very start. I couldn't see any noticable dissent penalty. They surrendered when I did a landing on Dublin.

QuoteDefault placememt of aricraft includes provinces that dont have airfields--intentional or an oops?

Rangoon airfeild is hidden by the unit counter.

Rebasing aircraft is a nightmare--hit or miss if the interface will allow it to hapen apparently--I cant figure out what conditions are changing to allow/dissallow a rebase--not weather, other options are availabe.

Tried deliberatly losing units to see if they return to the capital as a cadre--so far I can't seem to make that happen--they just die--I left a nice open laneway to the capital, not an encriclement issue.

Planes run mission till they die? Not sure what's going on there but I'm missing the ability to set min org and str values to prevent uneccesary air losses.

Really thought that the ability to 'backfill' with reserve aircraft formations was brilliant--can't seem to get that to respond either--the reserve formations stay at 100% and the front lines dwindle away.

QuoteI understand it's too late to fix the map errors, but that doesn't excuse them. Nor does it excuse the fact that Paradox had to have known about them some time ago from the beta testers. How can you have New York City and Philadelphia in the wrong place and not bother to deal with it? Even Stalingrad isn't correctly positioned. So that means someone decided that fixing the map wasn't a priority. I wonder what else wasn't a priority.

QuoteI can't believe how this hasn't been mentioned, when you select units with click-and-drag, you actually cannot see in which provinces the specific armies/divisions are. You definitely should be able to see this vital information without selecting each division individually and checking where it is.

QuoteThrough the new Government in Exile system there aren´t so much annexations, but why the Hell does the sowjtunion get their share of poland, and germany gets nothing? and why does i care for a GIE? My empire will last a thousand years at least!

QuoteIm from the Netherlands and its lovely to see Eindhoven and even Arhnem as an urban province with even a nice pic of it in those days, but not Rotterdam?
Rotterdam wasnt bommed without any reason, its was (and still is) 2nd biggest city of the country with the vital harbors for the economy while Arhnem was a small town.

[...] Also Russia has been given a few less Urban regions it seems, wich was another strange surprize with the massive new map, and i also never expected Arhnem would become urban with a picture before a city like Tokyo.
All in all i expected allot more urbans to be honest... but i know thats all a small thing to add in the future by either mods or expansions... still its divided very strangely now and my biggest surprize about it was surely Arhnem.

Quote3) I had tech automated but diplomacy not, and a bunch of my influence country missions got canceled because the tech AI just decided that it didn't need to divert sufficient leadership to diplomacy. Not sure whether this is intended behavior or not, and not sure if this is how it should behave or not.

And Paradox decided that being able to see foreign ministers, heads of governments or head of states is an unnecessary feature.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

I was planning on waiting for the first patch, or maybe first expansion, before getting this if I got it at all, but now I'm probably not ever going to get it.

Paradox has lost my faith to the point that I have doubts that I'll even get CK2 if it's ever done.

Razgovory

Huh.  The tutorial is presented to you by Adolf Hitler.  It reads very strangely.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BVN

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 12:59:24 AM
Huh.  The tutorial is presented to you by Adolf Hitler.  It reads very strangely.
No kidding. It's full of typo's and badly written English