# Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
# Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
# Memory: 2Gb RAM
# Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
# Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900
# Sound: Direct X-compatible sound card
# DirectX®: DirectX 9

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

The manual says GeForce 6800 or Radeon X850XT. 

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 03, 2009, 10:52:41 AM
The manual says GeForce 6800 or Radeon X850XT.

Yeah...just saw that. Seems like no one knows for sure.  ;)
I think Johan has said that any GFX card that has 250MB is good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 10:56:35 AM
Yeah...just saw that. Seems like no one knows for sure.  ;)
I think Johan has said that any GFX card that has 250MB is good.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine a game like HoI requiring much more than that.  Even the 8800 and x1900 seem like they'd be fairly massive overkill and those are relatively old.

Edit:  I'm glancing through the manual here, and noticed on the province tooltip (A2.7), it lists pressure and humidity.   Heh.  I'm not entirely sure why I'm going to be needing those particular pieces of information.  If I want to see what the weather is doing, I can just go to the weather map view and look at it....don't need to try to start predicting shit.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 03, 2009, 09:06:28 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 08:45:49 AM
Quote from: ulmont on August 03, 2009, 08:19:48 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 08:09:18 AM
Pdox is releasing a demo. 1939 scenario playable until Jan.1940.

Oh, good.  I can see if the "if you can play EU3 you can play HOI3" people are right, or the "HOI3 requires a lot more graphics card" people are right.

Yeah I'm curious too. I have an 8600 graphics card, and can play EU3 easily; but Gamers Gate says 8800 minimum is required. So we'll see.

Seriously? I got an Nvidia 8600 and I've played World in Conflict and Crysis with it and they looked great. There's no way that HOI3 can be more graphic intensive than them.

Take a look at EUIII and tell me what about it requires so much graphics processing power.

garbon

Quote from: dps on August 03, 2009, 01:06:03 PM
Take a look at EUIII and tell me what about it requires so much graphics processing power.

Didn't Mr.T already cover that for eu3, under the heading of resource limitations (in the following post)?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6426165&postcount=4
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

I want to see information about the revolutionary AI that makes sense after their third itineration of a world war game.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on August 03, 2009, 01:30:14 PM
I want to see information about the revolutionary AI that makes sense after their third itineration of a world war game.

Now that is a very fair comment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

So, does the AI do big naval battles, ASW and blockades, and does it do massive amphibious invasions? Because if its gonna be a repeat of HOI2 and its daily single division raids that get laughed off as simulated Dieppes I'm gonna recommend aginst buying this game. 

And that counter thing was obnoxious.  Fix those. 
PDH!

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2009, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: dps on August 03, 2009, 01:06:03 PM

Didn't Mr.T already cover that for eu3, under the heading of resource limitations (in the following post)?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6426165&postcount=4

I know, I was just busting Tim's chops.

BVN

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2009, 08:45:49 AM
Yeah I'm curious too. I have an 8600 graphics card, and can play EU3 easily; but Gamers Gate says 8800 minimum is required. So we'll see.
Gamersgate doesn't say a Nvidia 8800 is the minimum requirement. It's the recommended system requirements. Johan has stated somewhere he doesn't like to give minimum requirements.

A graphics card with 256mb memory and pixel and vertex shaders 2.0 will do.

Fate

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 03, 2009, 03:42:36 PM
So, does the AI do big naval battles, ASW and blockades, and does it do massive amphibious invasions? Because if its gonna be a repeat of HOI2 and its daily single division raids that get laughed off as simulated Dieppes I'm gonna recommend aginst buying this game. 

And that counter thing was obnoxious.  Fix those.

You're joking right? Naval invasions? This is Paradox we're talking about here, brother. I'll be happy if the Soviet AI lasts until June 1941.

Syt

Will the air war system be improved (not talking about the improvement on assigning patrol vectors or such, but combat resolution)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

It always worries me that Paradox cram more complexity into their games without ever being able to really address AI problems (which are surely only exacerbated by the increase in complexity). Cool features like theatre command mean little if an AI opponent cannot truly challenge the player.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Fate

It never ceases to amaze me that a relic of a game like TOAW has a better AI than anything Paradox has put out in the past decade.

Don't worry, they'll release the source code eventually.  :lol: