News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 04, 2009, 11:31:17 AM
Johan lurks around here doesn't he? Just make him answer our questions directly.  We're important people.

Hasn't been around much here anymore. Guess he's gotten tired of criticism from people here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

40% done.  I can't wait to legitimately start bitching about the game.  :)

Edit:  Oh there's also a release day patch.  Hm.

Windowed mode works nicely.  Everything is nice and smooth at the very beginning for me It slowed down.  Music sounds......I dunno...it sounds fine, I guess, but maybe a little...uh...MIDI-ish?  I don't know how to describe it.  Wait now someone is singing.  I also have no idea wtf I'm doing in the game either.  Sliders are already irritating.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2009, 11:38:14 AM
Johan lurks around here doesn't he? Just make him answer our questions directly.  We're important people.

Hasn't been around much here anymore. Guess he's gotten tired of criticism from people here.

and Jaron is here.

Darth Wagtaros

:huh: :(
Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2009, 11:38:14 AM

PDH!

Faeelin

Well, this is amazing:

- Steeper system requirements than expected. Never a Paradox game managed to make my system stutter, its a good dual core 3.6ghz, 4go RAM with a 9800GTX+, and frankly though it eases up after the fall of Poland, the initial days are a lagfest. Perhaps optimizations would be in order. Esp. given that typically, late-game is where these games show the most performance issues.

Caliga

:lmfao:

Does Paradox need to be schooled in: query optimization?  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

This kind of stuff makes me nervous:

Quote from: some random p'dox guyon november 17th Guangxi Clique surrendered to Germany ... germany now owns a nice part of china .
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josephus on August 04, 2009, 01:46:27 PM
This kind of stuff makes me nervous:

Quote from: some random p'dox guyon november 17th Guangxi Clique surrendered to Germany ... germany now owns a nice part of china .
Seems perfectly normal for HOI.
PDH!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Faeelin on August 04, 2009, 01:35:24 PM
Well, this is amazing:

- Steeper system requirements than expected. Never a Paradox game managed to make my system stutter, its a good dual core 3.6ghz, 4go RAM with a 9800GTX+, and frankly though it eases up after the fall of Poland, the initial days are a lagfest. Perhaps optimizations would be in order. Esp. given that typically, late-game is where these games show the most performance issues.

Yeah, mine has slowed down too, as far as time passing goes (it's not laggy or anything as I'm scrolling around or clicking on stuff, etc).  I've been keeping an eye on the task manager while playing, and it's staying between 45 and 55% CPU usage (2.7ghz x2). 

It's not ultra slow or anything, but it's also not going nearly as fast as it should be with time acceleration up all the way.

Glagjshdgbkjdf Clique has surrendered + become a puppet to Japan in two games for me. 

Josephus

Many complaints on the forum are about two things:

1. Lag
2. Ugly graphix.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Crazy_Ivan80

pretty good but a bit laggy.
size is overwhelming tbh, playing the 1936 GC or some small country will help. Spain might be a good starting point for once.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 04, 2009, 03:13:25 PM
size is overwhelming tbh, playing the 1936 GC or some small country will help. Spain might be a good starting point for once.

Yeah I was thinking Spain would be pretty good as well.

I wish the colors on the map weren't so muted.  It's very dull.

Warspite

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 04, 2009, 03:20:46 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on August 04, 2009, 03:13:25 PM

Yeah I was thinking Spain would be pretty good as well.

I wish the colors on the map weren't so muted.  It's very dull.

What did you expect, lavish beaux arts? It's an era of austerity for heaven's sake.  :bash:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

Downloaded the demo and the map makes me cringe.

Not only do many countries or provinces or coastlines look like they're out of proportion (Holland twice or so the size of Belgium, super-Iraq, mini-Bulgaria). Also the distribution of "urban" features seems totally random. Known centers of urban fighting are there - Arnhem, Berlin, Stalingrad. In Germany, Hamburg and Munich are two more urban territory provinces. Ruhr: Nope, all plains. Vienna, Budapest, both plains - no urban fighting there - same for Königsberg or other "Festungsstädte" (Breslau, Krakau). France only has Paris as urban area. England has London and Birmingham. Japan has none at all. Sweden, Spain, Italy have one urban center each. Even Istanbul is represented by plains.

Seriously, this map is something only a mother could love.

Or, for comparison:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Hm, OHGamer seems to be already working on a map mod.

Oddly, the "Demo - Negative Comments" thread (about 5 times the size of the positive comments thread) seems to have, uhm, vanished. :lol:

EDIT: It's now called "Demo - Questionss & Help"  :rolleyes:
—Stephen Jay Gould