News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HoI3 Betas

Started by szmik, March 12, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote*Real time crap, playing WW2 in "real time" is a flawed concept unless you have the ability to delegate to an competent AI, which paradox can't do

Totally. If only there were a pause function.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

frunk

I'm warming to the interface.  It took me a while to figure some things out but managing and delegating starts becoming more intuitive as you go.

Josephus

My screen went all psychedelic on me, as I was playing yesterday, after about 40 minutes. Looks like graphics are causing my card to overheat :Embarrass:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

The interface doesn't seem that bad to me.  Not great, by any means, but not actually bad either.  The problem is that there is simply a lot going on.  It doesn't help that the demo start out with the beginning of the war, and only lets you play GB, France, Germany, or Poland.  It would be easier to sort out what's going on if you could play a small, relatively safe neutral till you got a chance to figure things out.

Neil

Nobody has really been able to demonstrate to me that navies are cool in the game.  I am undecided.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Tried again. Played France and the German AI starts wacking away at the Maginot line with ground attacks. in the first week.

okay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Faeelin

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2009, 09:59:04 AM
Tried again. Played France and the German AI starts wacking away at the Maginot line with ground attacks. in the first week.

okay.

It's a game, not a work of history!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Faeelin on August 06, 2009, 10:00:51 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 06, 2009, 09:59:04 AM

okay.

It's a game, not a work of history!

heh. Also, the aerial attacks was amusing. I guess the German forces in Poland didn't need air support. Because they was hammering me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Reading the stuff here and over at Paradox (like basically not only naval, but amphib stuff [invasions] neglected again), my mood went from "buy it on Friday" through "pirate it Friday, buy the Gold version a year from now" to "meh why bother"

Tamas

Needless to say, the major hungarian gaming forum I lurk on has the predictable topics, but actually much much less than I expected:

-omg province names sucks
-omg Greater Hungary can't be redone properly with these province borders
-here you go guys, here is the swastika for the Germans

Syt

Myself, I have money rifing on War in the East, hoping it gets anywhere near as good as WitP.

And maybe, in 15, 20 years, we get WitE/WitP based games for the whole of WW2, global.  :menace:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

:blush:
Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2009, 11:08:31 AM
Myself, I have money rifing on War in the East, hoping it gets anywhere near as good as WitP.

And maybe, in 15, 20 years, we get WitE/WitP based games for the whole of WW2, global.  :menace:
PDH!

ulmont

This Demo AAR / Tutorial actually looks promising, in terms of explaining how to automate theaters etc.:  http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416326

Ape

Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2009, 11:08:31 AM

I'd actually be very satisfied for a few years with a WitP set in the Atlantic  :cool:

Grey Fox

So now they can start CKII, right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.